I've got a PPX3 slam...

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #34 of 87
I'm on my third
SDS
SDS-XLR
Balanced Supra/meastro w/outboard PSU.

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #39 of 87
Hi,

I have an ES-1 which I purchased late in 2006 (ordered with two Stax headphone jacks instead of one Stax and one HE-90 jack). The unit arrived a few months late but without the additional Stax jack. Mikhail sent a corrected audio section in 2007 (again months later than promised). I also requested additional modifications (RCA jack outputs to mirror the source input, finer-grained volume controls). I was very happy with the unit, which for some reason sounded markedly superior to the original – although both were almost maxed out and supposedly identical (except for the requested mods).

Late in 2007 an intermittent noise appeared on one channel. The noise was present for a few weeks then disappeared. The noise reappeared late in 2008, was present for a few months then disappeared again.

The noise is not present at the moment, and the amp sounds terrific with the Stax Omega phones. I won't send it back to SP for repair when the noise reappears. Mikhail still owes me a few hundred in equipment; however, I do not have the energy to try to reach him. I have had the same trouble reaching him as most others have...

I am grateful that someone has taken the time to setup this thread – I am sure that the noise will reappear, and having repair options will be very useful.

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #40 of 87
MPX3
PPX3
Extreme
SDS
SDS-XLR
Provistor

And possibly a new all tube SDS-XLR......but I'm not holding my breath

Apr 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #41 of 87
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

I've had an Extreme Platinum since January 2007 (the initial run), and it's always performed perfectly.

I also have a Harmony XLR with premium power supply. It was a long and aggravating wait -- same story as everyone else -- but I've had the amp several months now, and I literally could not ask for more in terms of the sonics. I'm very picky and was even more so after the many delays, but it really has exceeded my expectations. (And, in fairness, Mikhail has been very responsive since delivering the amp.)

It's a genuine tragedy that Singlepower's recent business problems have prevented products like the Harmony from gaining a wider exposure.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #43 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wish I had a balanced source, I'd get Markmaxx's balanced baby. I have been convinced by the Betas at the meet this last weekend that for dynamic cans, balanced has the best sound.

Good thing you didn't buy my Supra Extreme, It has devloped a slight hum in the right channel (I think it is the right channel old guy, bad memory). That's one of the reasons I quit bumping my add.

I need to have mine fixed, (I hope this is the reason for this thread) I e-mailed Mikhail, he got back to me the same day!, He called me today we had a good talk.

I have no Idea what to do. I may ask for a new amp give it a listen, then if it is what I want. I could send him the money and my amp. as a trade.

He said something like send me half down NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. (I have 100% positive feed back he has thousands of negative feed backs, he needs to make me happy before any money changes hands)

Purpose of this thread "Registering 1 Supra/Extreme XLR"

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #45 of 87
I like the sound quality of the amp. It tends to hum a bit. I would like to send it to SP for a third input and to reduce sensitivity. But I hesitate given all of the negative feedback Mikhail has been receiving. I have send the amp back to him in the past, maybe a year ago or so. He took a while to get the amp back to me...I can't remember how long. But it was not a big deal. I love the amp and use it quite frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back