Single & Multi Dynamic Driver Only IEM Discussion Thread
Sep 24, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #137 of 164
My nice lady mail carrier left me a package awhile ago. 😃

I have only been listening to them for about an hour so I won't say too much about them until I log more time on them, other than I'm not thrilled with the driver flex and the bass could be tighter, but hopefully break-in will improve that. I will say this though: Out of the box they are quite a bit more open and detailed than the Moondrop Aria were, even after 50 plus hours of breaking the Arias in. That was my only issue with the Aria and the reason I returned them. They were just too polite for my personal taste/ears.

More at a later time...

20210924_134615.jpg
20210924_134900.jpg
20210924_135626.jpg
20210924_142052.jpg

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #138 of 164
My nice lady mail carrier left me a package awhile ago. 😃

I have only been listening to them for about an hour so I won't say too much about them until I log more time on them, other than I'm not thrilled with the driver flex and the bass could be tighter, but hopefully break-in will improve that. I will say this though: Out of the box they are quite a bit more open and detailed than the Moondrop Aria were, even after 50 plus hours of breaking the Arias in. That was my only issue with the Aria and the reason I returned them. They were just too polite for my personal taste/ears.

More at a later time...

20210924_134615.jpg20210924_134900.jpg20210924_135626.jpg20210924_142052.jpg

Yes most folk (myself included) get driver flex with the IT00, but that is also dependent to some extent on ear anatomy and the types of tips used.

Thankfully, I found that on the IT00, it can be reduced to some extent by using the following tips (no pun intended):
  • Using foam tips: they are more porous and may let air escape thru the foam material rather than going into the IEM shell.
  • Using eartips of various sizes: another silicone tip that has lesser seal may reduce driver flex, though at the expense of isolation. Try a variety of different ear tips and sizes, some tips give more driver flex than others.
  • Try opening your mouth and pulling up your earlobe before inserting the IEM, this opens the ear canal for more space to insert the eartip. Hopefully some air can escape during insertion with the bigger diameter of the ear canal.
  • Insert the ear tip slowly initially and/or at an angle, and slowly make fine adjustments to push it in.

The third method above seems to have fixed the driver flex 90% of the time on the IT00, at least for myself.

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #141 of 164
ikKO OH7 on sale on Drop... They sound like a vey guilty pleasure, based on this Review

I had the privilege to audition the OH7 a year or so back. It had good timbre and tonality, smooth and bassy and warm set. It needs amping as per the 90ish ohm impedance. Technical performance was so so for the price. The shells also had a seam and they looked and felt cheap.

All in all, I felt that the asking price of close to $1000 wasn't that worth it, huge diminishing returns when compared to a midfi single DD like the Tanchjim Oxygen. I would rather top up a bit more to get some better TOTL single DDs like the DUNU LUNA or Final Audio A8000.

Considering the MassDrop pricing now of $700ish USD, it still is a bit pricey IMHO.

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #142 of 164
Hi there im new to the thread and wanted to share some of my dd only iems (excluding some chifi and trinity vyrus)
20211001_183521.jpg

Left to right: CFA Atlas, UM 3DD-Ti, Sennheiser IE80, ATH-CKW1000ANV (Limited Ed.)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #143 of 164
I also have the IE7 but i misplaced them.

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #147 of 164
Any good / critical reviews that come to mind?

Not by anyone I use as a reference no. I've heard it can be a little hot up top through the wrong source and it doesn't isolate very well...that's about it.

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #148 of 164
Not by anyone I use as a reference no. I've heard it can be a little hot up top through the wrong source and it doesn't isolate very well...that's about it.
From eye-balling Crinnacle's chart it looks like it's a bit over the top for me indeed. Will have a look at the reviews here on Head-Fi and hope that impression is refuted :wink:

drftr

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #149 of 164
From eye-balling Crinnacle's chart it looks like it's a bit over the top for me indeed. Will have a look at the reviews here on Head-Fi and hope that impression is refuted :wink:

drftr

I'm usually pretty sensitive to shoutyness or excess energy in the upper mids etc. and I don't have a problem at all with Isabellae. That could partly be synergy with my Shanling M8 though.

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #150 of 164
I'm usually pretty sensitive to shoutyness or excess energy in the upper mids etc. and I don't have a problem at all with Isabellae. That could partly be synergy with my Shanling M8 though.
That in itself sounds promising, and it also looks like there's no bass boost to speak of which is another plus for me. Given the roll-off at higher frequencies, do you perceive it as such, as in not being airy enough and not having enough sparkle to realistically reproduce violins, cymbals, hi-hats, etcetera?

drftr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back