Since they are now official: Nano 4G and iPod Touch 2G Sound Quality Thread
Oct 5, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #376 of 461
3 days into using it, I have to agree the new Touch is incredibly slick and polished, and I definitely agree with the above sentiments. Once this can be jailbroken, it should be even better in terms of usability. One little nitpicking though: Safari has a tendency to crash quite often.

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #377 of 461
Yes there is something really cool about whipping out your touch on an airplane and watching some trailer park boys or robot chicken. And the rude looks you get when you laugh a little too loud- priceless.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #378 of 461
i went from d2 to original touch and was impressed. the lack of hiss on this compared to d2 or 1g touch is great. but for sq, unless you like eq, the d2 is really not that impressive. i preferred the old touch to the d2, sold the d2 as a matter of fact.

the new touch has just so many perfect points to it; gapless, bass definition (not quantity), and nearly hissless

Oct 5, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #379 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One little nitpicking though: Safari has a tendency to crash quite often.

Thats a pain, the only time I have experienced this is when we were using the airport wifi and occasionally the signal would drop out, at home it has never happened, but then I have not done a lot of web browsing.

Oct 5, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #380 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same exact situation here, arm's length from Apple (although my 17-year-old has been through the Mini, the 4g and then the 5g video (which she still owns). I've listened to hers using my phones and the E3 and thought, "not bad."

Then, I finally succumbed and bought an iTouch 2G. Hasn't arrived from Amazon yet (paid $265 after price cut of $10 and a $25 coupon, which delayed shipping). Looking forward to it.

Oh, my daughter also got a new MacBook for college and left her iBook G4 behind. I took it over, crazy-glued the bezel back to the screen, removed all her junk, loaded on 20GB of music and iTunes8. Already have 10 Genius playlists set up. Now, I can just connect the new iTouch to the G4 and not worry about it messing up my Windows PCs.

But my experience is pretty much the same as yours.

I was so sure iTunes was going to do a "Skynet" and take control of my PC and all media management then start screwing with my music library layout the minute I installed it so I made a backup image of my hard drive prior to installing it so I could restore my system if needed but it has been a peach so far.

The waiting would be killing me but I am sure you will be suitably impressed when it arrives, I pre purchased a BSE and it arrived the same day as the touch so I immediately applied it front and back and it is great giving full cover protection from scratches without detracting from the Touch's sleek, slim form.

Oct 5, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #381 of 461
has anyone had a chance to compare ipod touch 2 G sound quality to Samsung P2 ? or YP or anything made by samsung?? I recently got this samsung YP 2gb player since I was getting impatient waiting for touch and Oh man this samung thing is just freakin awesome. I find it sooooo much better than zune, cowon, or for that matter even my sony player....

Oct 5, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #382 of 461
The fact that i can see the Touch's screen in direct sunlight is the deal breaker for me. That was the main reason I returned the P2 when i tried it

on the SQ front, its been awhile since i had the P2, but I don't recall the P2 being better that what i'm hearing with the Touch right now

Oct 6, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #383 of 461
My InvisibleSheild arrived from the US today so I set about fitting the rear cover. Certainly not easy but not as difficult as many indicate. You do need patience for the corners though
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, no large bubbles or any dirt trapped & apparently the small ones will clear after a few days.

Few photos chronicling the ordeal!
very_evil_smiley.gif

2867942250072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

2048710540072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

2092066250072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

Now fitted
2525677600072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

2021371270072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

2514761720072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

2133033640072427310S500x500Q85.jpg

Might even fit the front in a few days to see what clarity of screen is like compared to a Brando Ultra Clear protector

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #385 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That turned out better than mine.....

I fitted it in the toilet after ensuring plenty of steam from shower
biggrin.gif
No dust
wink_face.gif

Was sweating my n**ts off by the time I'd finished 30 minutes later!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #386 of 461
I own the Touch almost a year now. And I've come to the conclusion that:

The interface is great. Probably the best there is.
Internet and youtube are nice gimmicks, but unnecessary if you have a laptop.
Watching videoclips is a cool feature to show your friends who don't have a touch. But are you really going to watch clips when you're on the train to school or work? Or ride your bike?
The available games are not worth my precious time, and probably not yours either.
ITunes store is awesome on a Iphone because you can download music anywhere, but not that great if you still need a WiFi connection.
You can only manage it with Itunes
Itunes is a pile of ****

The Touch is loaded with awesome features that you're probably never going to use except for showing them to your poor friends. It has only 16GB/32GB of memory, so if you think you're only going to listen to music on it: DONT BUY IT. It's not worth the money. Buy a classic instead if you want Apple.

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #387 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by hattorihanzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The available games are not worth my precious time, and probably not yours either.

This one game might change your mind. Galcon!! Well, I didn't get the touch but instead got an iPhone. This single game is like crack.

If the Touch had GPS, it would be killer. The location based services are very useful.

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #388 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This one game might change your mind. Galcon!! Well, I didn't get the touch but instead got an iPhone. This single game is like crack.

If the Touch had GPS, it would be killer. The location based services are very useful.

I love the games, Bejeweled 2 is da' s*#T!!! Thanks for steering me towards the Touch dvessel - best thing I've purchased in YEARS!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #389 of 461
I find the SQ of the P2 to be better, but then again the sound signatures are kinda different. The P2 is more detailed and has a very good EQ (7-band user customization with bass, 3D and clarity tweaks if those are your thing), and the Touch sounds a lot warmer with EQ that is trash.

And after using mine for about two weeks, I have to say, unless you're absolutely sure you need those extra features, it's not worth it compared to a Classic or a Nano. Although I will say the browser is the probably the best i've used on a handheld to date.

Oct 6, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #390 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the games, Bejeweled 2 is da' s*#T!!! Thanks for steering me towards the Touch dvessel - best thing I've purchased in YEARS!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Whatever you do, do not get Galcon! I've never been into real time strategy but this got me hooked. Online multiply is so much fun. The creator I bet is raking in the dough and he deserves it.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As for the EQ on the iPod, we should have an online petition. It truly does suck. Outside of that, it works very well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back