Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Apr 12, 2007 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 267

qazwsx

500+ Head-Fier
I just realized when I opened my cheap radio I noticed the headphones that come with it. I was going to throw them in the trash, then I realized the 'phones had pins holding the speakers, much like the KSC75. Some redeeming value.....

I. To do this mod you must have the following:

-A KSC75. I'm not sure if older models could use this mod or not (like the KSC35, for example).

-The headphones that come with the Durabrand PR355 (only 5 bucks, not too much of a threat to the wallet) You can easily find it at Wal-Mart. I also found out the Lenoxx Sound PR37 radio uses the same headphones. You can buy that model at Family Dollar.

These also look very much like the headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-...501951&sr=1-21

Here are the headphones that come with the PR355

dsc00001oi9.jpg

II. Remove the speakers from the Durabrand 'phones. This is way easier than it looks. They remove just like the clips remove from the KSC75.

dsc00005lf8.jpg

III. Remove the clips from the KSC75 and attach the rest to the Durabrand build. No need to remove the grill, that would make this mod useless.

IV. And you are done...
dsc00008ns6.jpg

I liked doing it, it took 10 seconds, it cost me only five bucks, and the sound doesn't seem to change, thanks to the fact the Durabrand build doesn't add any closure to the original speakers.

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Orederable online?

Nope, its a Wal-Mart only brand.

The maker of it is Lenoxx Sound (www.lenoxx.com). You can try to ask them if you can buy one straight from the manufacturer.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 267
Great job and great find. What did you use to remove the clips, and is there any special method? I don't have the KSC-75, so I can't picture what you're saying. How comfortable is this when it's done? I was thinking about getting the Senn. PX100, but I may do this instead. Thanks.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 267
The clips are simple to remove by hand. You'd just pull them off. They aren't glued or oddly attached, just by a small little clip that is attached to the outside.

And I found this way more comfortable than the PX100. Stock PX100 pads are fairly thin and the grill hits the side of my ears too much. With thicker pads they are comfy, though.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #14 of 267
It doesn't prove a TON of pressure for more bass, but I think it does provide slightly more bass. After bending the headband the bass expands even more, so experiment away. Other areas of the sound seem similar.

And I prefer these WAY more than hot gluing mod to a 99 cent store band because most of them have closed cups that can really screw up the sound quality. And these look pretty clean-cut in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back