Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
Nov 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #16 of 52
Hey, headband mod people, off topic, but if anyone has ideas modifying ATH phones so they don't feel like they're falling down your head, any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:
I was afraid thats what you were talking about. Only think I can think off is finding a way to lock the 2 pieces at a tight location on your head. Granted I have not really had much experience with this type of headphone. Sexy cans though ^__~

Yeah, tying the wings with carefully measured string kind of works (looks stupid though).
GREAT sounding phones but really stupid design.
Maybe Mark Lawton (Lawton Audio) or someone else good with these things could carve a market out of turning ATH phones into something normal.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #21 of 52
My new HE-400's are coming in a few days, was interested in doing this same mod. Unfortunately I cannot find this product in Canada, bhphoto says there's a restriction shipping here and cannot seem to order it from Sennheiser, pity.

It looks great!

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:
My new HE-400's are coming in a few days, was interested in doing this same mod. Unfortunately I cannot find this product in Canada, bhphoto says there's a restriction shipping here and cannot seem to order it from Sennheiser, pity.

It looks great!

Well you can order the parts right from sennheiser. If you send an email to someone they may personally help you. Sennheiser has always had damn good service. I think http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-foam-headband-pad-for-hd600-hd580.html May ship to you if sennheiser does not ship to you. 

hope that helped,

cheers

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #28 of 52
Quote:
I guess I'm not understanding you then.  There is leather around the headband, how did you bypass the leather to stick the velcro directly to the metal?

What I mean is there is a metal band for support surrounded by leather. The leather headband that wraps around the is wider then the metal, so there is little support on the sides. that's all ^_^

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #29 of 52
Looks nice. I might try it with the HD650 pads.

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd650-replacement-foam-headband-pad.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back