Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
Nov 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

KCxSmacker

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

With how much I have been using the HE-400 headphones, I wanted to mod the headband due to having such a thin layer of soft material in the band. I bought the senn. 600 headband, some Velcro, and that was it. Thought I would post the pictures. 

I will say that with my head size I have to basically have the headphones at max size.

All and all I love these headphones even more now. I can listen to them for hours at a time now. 

cheers

Edit: when adding the Velcro  make sure you stick it to the metal band inside the headband for a nice solid connection.

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 52
Interesting. I'm planning to buy the HE-300 soon, will be doing this 
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 52
hmm i have the opposite problem as you smacker. my head is kind of small. at first it felt like the earcups sat a little low in relation to my ears, even in the highest/smallest position. ive gotten used to it, but i might have to consider this as a nice solution. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 52
Yea I have always had a rather large head. Not huge but compared to must I guess. For you two it may be helpful for sure. Never thought about a headband mod helping with people who have smaller heads. That's an awesome bonus!^_~
Quote:
Nice post.  I think this is also useful on the HE-500 as it rests too low on my ears.

Quote:
hmm i have the opposite problem as you smacker. my head is kind of small. at first it felt like the earcups sat a little low in relation to my ears, even in the highest/smallest position. ive gotten used to it, but i might have to consider this as a nice solution. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 52
Quote:
Yea I have always had a rather large head. Not huge but compared to must I guess. For you two it may be helpful for sure. Never thought about a headband mod helping with people who have smaller heads. That's an awesome bonus!^_~

Could you provide links to where to purchase all the products?

Thanks

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #11 of 52
Quote:

Could you provide links to where to purchase all the products?

Thanks

B&H photo. You can use your paypal or google wallet accounts to pay in about a second. $8.95
I would try to fasten it to test it with rubber bands or string or some light tape before anything more permanent like velcro.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 52
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_part-finder Just search for hd600 parts and the headband is like 9 bucks + shipping. Velcro was just from a local Hobby Lobby. You could get it off of amazon though : http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Sticky-8-Inches-32-Sets-90348/dp/B0057564PS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352695575&sr=8-1&keywords=velcro 

You could try rubber bands or string like someone else suggested first, but the velcro worked just fine. It is a bit more permanent though. Velcro could be removed though. 

cheers

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:
Very nice mod! I think this can be extended beyond the HifiMans to any headphone.....Cheap and easy.

agreed, any headband wide enough and long enough could use this mod. Not sure what other headphones would need a comfort fix. This was my first pair. It could easily be used for people with headphones that are to small. ^_^

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back