Similarities between HD800 and K70X
Jun 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
I can't help it but think both are similar.  Both have roomy ear cup, and very bright sounding. HD800 doesn't seem to have much bass quantity either like K701.  I don't currently have both to do a direct comparison. So far, I'm not very impressed with the 800.  It could be my amp though, HD800 seams to distort very easily.  It distorts at low impedance setting?  I thought it would have the most damping at low output impedance.  Unlike the 800, my HD650 does not distort at low impedance setting.

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 8
I will do a favor for you next week and compare the K701 vs HD800. Actually it is not me but my roommate because I ve sold the K701. And I will do it with low output and high output impedance and solid and tube..

have fun..

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Cool thanks.  Also, please make sure the amp is quality because HD800 very delicate to how clean the amp is.  If you have a crap amp, HD800 is going to sound like crap.

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Cool thanks.  Also, please make sure the amp is quality because HD800 very delicate to how clean the amp is.  If you have a crap amp, HD800 is going to sound like crap.

:) :) You are funny, really.

Whats about a crap source and crap ears??

Believe me that my amps will be sufficient for your needs..

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 8
Lets hope you don't have crap ears.  I believe amp make more of difference than source.  I could be wrong though, I haven't done enough comparisons.  But I know how clean the amp is makes a huge difference for good monitors.

Quote:
:) :) You are funny, really.

Whats about a crap source and crap ears??

Believe me that my amps will be sufficient for your needs..

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 8
No, my girlfriend loves my ears..

Further, I havent had any disstortions with the HD800 neither with low or high impedance and out of my mind the bass was/ is wonderful..

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 8
The K-702 are more rounded sounding, and not so much treble as the HD800, is better to go with tubes for the 800 they'll get more bass and less treble.
basshead.gif

The similarities... both are in a way flat FR, and not so bassy/boomy as the other hps on the market today. For music productions I still prefer the K-702 and they are more picky for source/amps compare to the 800.

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 8
The K-702 are more rounded sounding, and not so much treble as the HD800, is better to go with tubes for the 800 they'll get more bass and less treble.
basshead.gif

The similarities... both are in a way flat FR, and not so bassy/boomy as the other hps on the market today. For music productions I still prefer the K-702 and they are more picky for source/amps compare to the 800.

i think people like using tubes a lot especially with flat headphones due to low damping factor of tube amps i'm guessing. that's the only thing i can think of when people mention it. low damping can cause bass to seem slower and heavier then what it is and what also causes more of a treble roll off. lot of good solid state amps have higher damping factor and will help tighten the bass and allow it to be quicker and accurate i personally think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back