Nov 8, 2009 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
It is that time of year again and I would like to see this as a big success this year. For those that are familiar with it and enjoy it, please post in the thread! For those that are new to this, please read on and then sign up!

The rules are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple.

Read that again: VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple.

Ready?

Okay, there is 1 rule and 1 rule only this year:

1) If you agree to sign up, you are agreeing to SEND YOUR EXCHANGE PARTNER A GIFT BY CHRISTMAS!

See! How easy is that? I've compressed it down for the slow readers out there.

Seriously, with the problems we have experienced in the past, I figure this year, one rule, one sentence so that it makes it easy to remember.

Now then, how does one agree to this thing officially? POST IN THIS THREAD!

I will read this thread multiple times a day and update a list in this initial post. November 30th will be the official cut off date. That means after the 30th one is no longer guaranteed a partner. However, if we have stragglers, I'll accommodate so long as I have an even number. THat said, I will be away (actually headed to the US! balmy Miami to boot!) during the first week of December and I will have wifi access in the evening only and most nights I'll be getting in late (business trip, not pleasure) so I will only be able to update the listing after the 30th on a very sporadic basis until the evening of the 5th.

Regarding shipping, I'll try to pair folks up on the same continent or better yet country if specified. Otherwise, I'm going to assume folks won't care who their partner is or where they are from.

This can be a very exciting exchange and an opportunity to get acquainted with a fellow member and ideally be exposed to some new and exciting music.

Historically, the expectation has been that one would send and receive a new CD or LP. I leave this up to the folks exchanging. However, given the price of CD's at places like Amazon for instance, I don't think it is much to ask to send out a new disc. This may amount to 18 bucks with shipping. If you seriously can't see yourself committing 18-25 bucks for this exchange, please don't sign up.

So Merry Christmas! Let the fun begin!

[size=large]Official Exchange Listees[/size]

davidhunternyc <-> Sarah
Joelby <-> Armaegis
omegaman <-> limpidglitch
Postal_Blue <-> Keithpgdrb
evilking <-> Bastet
NacMacFeegle <-> BIG POPPA
Gain <-> Fuzzy OneThree
Zanth <-> XXII
LeeMark <-> balderon
rlanger <-> AmanGeorge
jonathanjong <-> fraseyboy
azncookiecutter <-> Cankin
tjohnusa <-> thaddeussmith
pat1006 <-> Aimless1
nickknutson <->skiflyer
JeJeP <-> squid+
MD1032 <-> buddhashenglong
Uncle Erik <-> craiglester
Dzjudz <-> The Actual
smrtby123 <-> tintin47

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 75
Count me in Zanth, In the last few years I've had some great music that I would not have bought for myself. Great way to find new artists and get to know fellow head-fi'ers.

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 75
Count me in please
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in - who's been itching to get their hands on the new Creed CD?

HAHAHHAHA! That was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back