Sieveking Headphone Stand - Do you like it?
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

SunDevil

Member of the Trade: Beyerdynamic
Hi all dear headphone friends,

I have a fairly simple question to all of you: What do you think about this headphone stand below (carrying our beyerdynamic T 50 p? It is made by the German company Sieveking (http://www.sieveking-sound.de) and available for about € 99,- a piece and available in Zebrano (as in picture), Cherry, Maple or Walnut wood.

Please let me know what you think and especially, would you buy one or more?

P.S. This is no an advertisement! I simply like to know if the price, look and quality is wanted or not.

Yours faithfully,

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 57
Hi Peter. I think that stand has been mentioned a few times already, and some have shown up in the "Post pictures of your set-up" thread.  The 6moons editor also has a few of them which show up in his reviews too.

I'd love a couple of them. Checking just now, the price is US$125 which is better than the $175 I've seen elsewhere, but then the prices I've seen were probably from importers.  I'm sure the landed cost in Japan for me would be quite high too, which would be discouraging.  Maybe some T1 owners would consider them, if not owners of other expensive headphones, especially if they live in Europe.

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 57
I understand that for users outside Europe the Stand becomes pretty expensive :frowning2:

That's why I added the price to the Poll, would you buy it if it would only cost € 99,-?

Many thanks,

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 57
I will buy a stand for $50. Any more, and I would have to absolutely love it. Even then...it's just a stand...That's just me though.

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 57
I like its design quite a lot.
..and unlike many/most other stands it distribute the headphones weight over a larger part of the headband, and not just a cm or so in the middle of it.

Might have bought one at half the price. But do not need a new stand so much that I am willing to shell out €99.

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 57
I hoped to get a little more interest 
dt880smile.png

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 57
Maybe you'll get interest from people who buy Ultrasones?
wink_face.gif

Yes, I'm being a bit rude here, but I think you'll get the bad humour.

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 57
Hahaha. Oh wait, I bought ALO-780. Nevertheless, I sold them with no regrets 
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 57
I was thinking more of the ED10s. The humour might be too subtle unless one reads the thread on them.

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 57

Quote:
I like it, but not at $125.  $125 will buy enough wood to make a couple dozen - I'd rather build my own.

Same here. Even though I don't have the equipment to make something as nice as that, I can still make stuff that turns out nice for much much less. 

I guess I also can't justify spending so much on something that simply holds headphones.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #14 of 57
It is nice but I'd like to see it in the cherry.  I have one of the nice Woo stands though, because I think the black anodized and bead blasted aluminum looks better with my HD800.  However, I rarely use it because it gets so dusty in my apartment so often.  99% of the time my headphones are inside their box.

In regards to your T50p, I think it's a little big for them.  It looks like you have the headband extended all the way out so that they will fit.  It should be the other way around, in my opinion.  Perhaps it would work better for the T1 or T5p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back