Sieveking Headphone Stand - Do you like it?
Oct 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #31 of 57
I think I'm terrified of headphone stands, no matter how good they look. I probably wouldn't take one even if they were free, I'd always get this weird (and probably unfounded) feeling that gravity / headband tension would be compressing the pads while they phones are on the stand.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #32 of 57

Quote:
I think I'm terrified of headphone stands, no matter how good they look. I probably wouldn't take one even if they were free, I'd always get this weird (and probably unfounded) feeling that gravity / headband tension would be compressing the pads while they phones are on the stand.

I can definitely see what you mean. I don't know if I want my grado bowl pads to get compressed so I didn't buy it

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #33 of 57
I'm sharing the exact opinion... It's like wearing them all the time. I prefer stands that don't touch the pads, I made one myself. I'm also worried about the band loosing the tension. I don't know how soon it would happen but metal do wear over use.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #34 of 57
I'm using the walnut one for the T1's and i like it, looks classy and i'm not too worried about the earpads wearing out, they're the same as the day i bought them. If they do go however i'll just get some new pads no big deal. Also the added dustcover is very handy...

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #35 of 57
I have one holding my T1 and another my Grado RS1. They seem to do a good job - they fit well (especially the T1 - Grado is very slightly dwarfed) and don't over-tension the headbands as far as I can tell. They look good.

They do not work for my LCD2 which - with the plugs - are too tall/deep. I plan to DIY a suitable stand in time.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #37 of 57

Quote:
I understand that for users outside Europe the Stand becomes pretty expensive :frowning2:

That's why I added the price to the Poll, would you buy it if it would only cost € 99,-?

Many thanks,

and you dont think 99 euros is expensive for a bit of wood?   im sorry but stands at those sorts of prices can go jump.  its a stand *** show me on what planet a small lump of wood deserves to cost anywhere near that or are you going to tell it will make my headphones sound better?

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #39 of 57
is it possible to upload a pic of the RS1 with the stand, don't know if its suitable for my RS1

Quote:
I have one holding my T1 and another my Grado RS1. They seem to do a good job - they fit well (especially the T1 - Grado is very slightly dwarfed) and don't over-tension the headbands as far as I can tell. They look good.

They do not work for my LCD2 which - with the plugs - are too tall/deep. I plan to DIY a suitable stand in time.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #40 of 57
^ oh sure, give me a day or two though. I'll PM you when it's up.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #41 of 57
I like this stand, especially with wooden headphones. Plus, Jaben tends to give them free here in Singapore with other purchases :)

Oct 15, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #42 of 57
Two images of Sieveking with RS1. Not my best shots but hope their useful.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #45 of 57
The zebrawood is cool but there are 4 issues for me:
  • Footprint- I am finding that stands are taking up too much of my desktop and I dream of a "wire solution" from the ceiling (just bought some Sennheiser clamping holders to try).
  • Lack of Cable Solution- The cable is the greatest impediment to achieving cleanliness, IMO!
  • Price- I believe most will work their way through cheaper options unless the stand is "close enough" to warrant the stretch...
  • Wood Only?- Many will have environments not amenable to wood (even the nice zebrawood).

Appreciate the inquiry, it offers us a chance to voice critical factors in our buying decisions.

Another thing, I have plenty of ~$13 Rubbermaid hose hooks and they fall over too easily...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back