Sidegrade to the HD555 suggestions
Oct 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ibage

100+ Head-Fier
I actually got these things less than two weeks ago. I got a feel for a few different headphones when I was doing my research. I got the HD555 for gaming initially with music in mind as a secondary purpose. For games, I find these to be perfect for my liking. As far as music goes, I like them but they feel... lacking. I have an extra $200 coming in a month so there's my budget. I'd like something with a little more bass and I'd prefer a closed pair. Suggestions?

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Shure 750Dj
Audio Technica M50
Sony XB700

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 4
I actually got these things less than two weeks ago. I got a feel for a few different headphones when I was doing my research. I got the HD555 for gaming initially with music in mind as a secondary purpose. For games, I find these to be perfect for my liking. As far as music goes, I like them but they feel... lacking. I have an extra $200 coming in a month so there's my budget. I'd like something with a little more bass and I'd prefer a closed pair. Suggestions?

What will these headphones be plugged into?
I think the DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm is a great (bassy) closed headphone.
But I think you would want a sound card with a built in headphone amplifier
to bring out the best in Beyerdynamic headphones.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
What will these headphones be plugged into?
I think the DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm is a great (bassy) closed headphone.
But I think you would want a sound card with a built in headphone amplifier
to bring out the best in Beyerdynamic headphones.

I snagged the Creative X-Fi HD USB for about $40 from a friend. I plan on the Fiio E7/E9 combo come tax return season

Users who are viewing this thread

Back