Side By Side Comparison - AirPods Max, B&O H95, Dali iO-6, B&W PX8, ML 5909, M&D MW75, Focal Bathys and more
Jul 21, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #301 of 464
@Maukey Any plans to trial the Beats Studio Pro?

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #302 of 464
@Maukey Any plans to trial the Beats Studio Pro?
So funny you mention it.

IMG_2764.jpegIMG_2765.jpeg

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #305 of 464
The PSB M4u9 can apparently be ordered from their site right now, not seeing them available anywhere else. I wonder if Dali's IO-12 isn't close to being released yet.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #307 of 464
I am impatiently awaiting your thoughts… especially as compared to the APM and PX7 S2…

Aside from sound/usb c profiles, does it seem as the build quality has been affected at all? For over 300 I’d hope the build is more robust/premium than my older Solo 3’s.
I will say this about the Beats Studio Pro, they are the most accurate sounding Beats headphones ever in my opinion. It actually sounds more natural (less digitized) than the AirPods Max to my ears. When I first listened to them, I was actually shocked. I've been a fan of the Beats loud, super punchy, in your face sound. Beats has always been my workout headphone. These Beats are the exact opposite. They're quieter, less mid and upper bass heavy, and closer to neutral. Don't get me wrong, they still have some bass impact, but I'm actually getting more sub bass than the Studio 3. It sounds to me like Apple dropped the mid and high bass down a little and upped the sub bass which gives you less punch, but a more even bass response. It still doesn't give you the level of sub bass the AirPods Max give you, but it's more than the Studio 3. Compared to the AirPods Max, the Beats are more portable with better battery life. They're comparable in phone call quality with Beats actually having a better noise filter system to block outside noise while on a call. I'd give a slight edge to the AirPods Max in mic quality though. Comfort is subjective, but I can say they are comparable. The Beats are much lighter with a higher clamping force and more stable fit if you like to be active with your headphones. The AirPods Max material on its headband make it more comfortable on top of the head. The AirPods Max still get the nod for anc and transparency. I don't see anyone touching the AirPods Max transparency mode. As far as build quality goes, obviously the AirPods Max are leagues ahead. Only time will tell what small modifications, if any, Apple made to the design. Just looking at it and holding it though, it feels the exact same as the Beats Studio 3. I will save my final verdict for my comparison, but I will say that if you already own the AirPods Max, I wouldn't sell it for the Beats Studio Pro unless you just desire a better workout headphone. If you're trying to decide on a new purchase between the two, I personally would take Beats Studio Pro. It gets you 95 percent of the performance of the AirPods Max for over $100 less. You don't get the seamless switching between your Apple devices since it doesn't have an Apple chip, but in return you get USB-C lossless listening and a more versatile sound signature in my opinion. The best way I can describe it is the AirPods Max sound more cinematic while the Beats sound more natural. In saying all of this, I think the ultimate decision would be to wait on the AirPods Max 2. I have a feeling Apple is going to hit that one out of the park based on how good these Beats Studio Pro are.

As far as the PX7 S2 goes, I no longer own that headphone, but from memory, the Beats would obviously be my choice if in the Apple ecosystem. As far as sound quality goes, the PX7 S2 are darker, and I can't believe I'm saying this, more fun in nature. The Beats are the more neutral sounding.
How are you finding these? Comparison with Beats Solo Pro in terms of sound would be super helpful!
I honestly haven't listened to the Beats Solo Pro in years. From memory, the Beats Solo Pro were the first Beats pair to truly dial back the bass. The Beats Studio Pro are the same in this regard.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #309 of 464
I will say this about the Beats Studio Pro, they are the most accurate sounding Beats headphones ever in my opinion. It actually sounds more natural (less digitized) than the AirPods Max to my ears. When I first listened to them, I was actually shocked. I've been a fan of the Beats loud, super punchy, in your face sound. Beats has always been my workout headphone. These Beats are the exact opposite. They're quieter, less mid and upper bass heavy, and closer to neutral. Don't get me wrong, they still have some bass impact, but I'm actually getting more sub bass than the Studio 3. It sounds to me like Apple dropped the mid and high bass down a little and upped the sub bass which gives you less punch, but a more even bass response. It still doesn't give you the level of sub bass the AirPods Max give you, but it's more than the Studio 3. Compared to the AirPods Max, the Beats are more portable with better battery life. They're comparable in phone call quality with Beats actually having a better noise filter system to block outside noise while on a call. I'd give a slight edge to the AirPods Max in mic quality though. Comfort is subjective, but I can say they are comparable. The Beats are much lighter with a higher clamping force and more stable fit if you like to be active with your headphones. The AirPods Max material on its headband make it more comfortable on top of the head. The AirPods Max still get the nod for anc and transparency. I don't see anyone touching the AirPods Max transparency mode. As far as build quality goes, obviously the AirPods Max are leagues ahead. Only time will tell what small modifications, if any, Apple made to the design. Just looking at it and holding it though, it feels the exact same as the Beats Studio 3. I will save my final verdict for my comparison, but I will say that if you already own the AirPods Max, I wouldn't sell it for the Beats Studio Pro unless you just desire a better workout headphone. If you're trying to decide on a new purchase between the two, I personally would take Beats Studio Pro. It gets you 95 percent of the performance of the AirPods Max for over $100 less. You don't get the seamless switching between your Apple devices since it doesn't have an Apple chip, but in return you get USB-C lossless listening and a more versatile sound signature in my opinion. The best way I can describe it is the AirPods Max sound more cinematic while the Beats sound more natural. In saying all of this, I think the ultimate decision would be to wait on the AirPods Max 2. I have a feeling Apple is going to hit that one out of the park based on how good these Beats Studio Pro are.

As far as the PX7 S2 goes, I no longer own that headphone, but from memory, the Beats would obviously be my choice if in the Apple ecosystem. As far as sound quality goes, the PX7 S2 are darker, and I can't believe I'm saying this, more fun in nature. The Beats are the more neutral sounding.

I honestly haven't listened to the Beats Solo Pro in years. From memory, the Beats Solo Pro were the first Beats pair to truly dial back the bass. The Beats Studio Pro are the same in this regard.
Question about wired use. Can you enable ANC when using the 3.5mm cable, like if you were flying and watching in-flight entertainment?

Or is 3.5mm as conventionally wired as it goes?

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #311 of 464
Haven't checked that yet. I haven't even listened in USB-C yet. I will get to it as soon as I can
Thanks for replying, either way. I look forward to your comprehensive take.

Aug 2, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #312 of 464
Trying to decide between the Momentum 4 and the new Beats Studio Pro. I currently have both (but I need to decide on the 4s today - last day to return). I do enjoy the sound of the 4s. They definitely have a broader bass boost than the Beats. The beats are clearer sounding, and there seems to be a bit of a boost in the higher frequencies. Also good sounding but quite different. But the 4s high-end is also there. Hard decision. I do like the connectivity options on the beats. I am an iPhone user.

Aug 4, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #315 of 464
Trying to decide between the Momentum 4 and the new Beats Studio Pro. I currently have both (but I need to decide on the 4s today - last day to return). I do enjoy the sound of the 4s. They definitely have a broader bass boost than the Beats. The beats are clearer sounding, and there seems to be a bit of a boost in the higher frequencies. Also good sounding but quite different. But the 4s high-end is also there. Hard decision. I do like the connectivity options on the beats. I am an iPhone user.
Beats competing with Sennheiser. Jesus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back