Shure warranty
Dec 9, 2006 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

spaztastic116

Head-Fier
How lenient is Shure with the two year limited warranty in terms of time? If I were to send back an item a few months after the date noted on the plug, would the accept it? The reason I am asking is because the date on the plug is when the IEM was manufactured, but not necessarily when it was first purchased. Thanks.

-Jason

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 21
I sent mine in and they went on when I bought it (as I had the receipt). If I had not got the original receipt I think they default to the date on the plug.

I just returned the IEMs and kept the little pouch/tips/goodies, they sent me another full retail package!

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 21
hello, i was wondering if i sent in a pair of e2cs for repair and instead of sending me a pair of new e2cs, can they give me a discount on a higher level IEM, such as the e4cs?

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 21
I had that question last week but couldn't afford it. But the Shure rep said that if I paid the difference, then they would let me upgrade it if I wrote a note saying I was going to do that.

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:27 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1983leofender /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi can i ask if will shure accept warranty if u have no receipt? but it is bought within the 2 years.

Yes, my e2c's broke last month. I emailed them with the number on the e2c plug, explaining my problem and telling her that I bought them almost 2 years ago. The lady told me to hurry and send it in. I sent it in with a nice letter requesting for a fix or replacement. A week later, I received a nice new pair of e2c's in the mail
smily_headphones1.gif

<3 Shure

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E-mail them about it
Shure's warranty is the best thing since.. sliced bread

I reckon this statement to be true within US, but my personal experience as an international buyer wasn't that great. My E3c's where bought in the US (via Ebay). When contacting Shure regarding a warranty repair i was referred to my local (Netherlands) representative/distributer. Their assistance was not that great at all. Repeated communication attempts (mainly email) with Shure US, regarding this left me kinda in de cold since they didn't responded anymore.

I suppose my story could have been different (i hope) if i had bought the headphones (at premium price) in the Netherlands.

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #9 of 21
Well I guess it's like this:

Shure will honour the warranty without proof of purchase if the defect is within 2 years of the date stamped on the plug. If it is outside of that period, you have to provide a proof of purchase proving that you bought it less than 2 years ago.

Just what I think though, they might actually honour your warranty outside the 2year plug period without proof of purchase (because their CS is great
biggrin.gif
).

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #12 of 21
Hi Guys,

We are always more than happy to replace/repair Shure product within the 2 year warranty.

PLEASE Keep your receipts! This ensures you get the FULL 2 years. It could take anywhere between 2 months and a year (depending on who you purchase through) before product actually ends up in the end users hands from date of manufacturing. If you have a copy of the receipt you will get the full two years. If you are say a month or 2 out of warranty we'll probably be nice and still replace it. Beyond the 2 years we have a flat replacement fee currently ranging from $50-$125 depending on the product. (this price is always subject to change).

WE DO NOT HAVE AN UPGRADE/CREDIT PROGRAM. Sorry. What you send in is what you will get back. You cannot send in your broken, good, bad, E4c and get a $300 credit for an E500PTH. Our Pro division had an upgrade about a year ago but it has been long discontinued and I'm sorry if someone was informed otherwise.

If you do not have your receipt you are not out of luck. We will go off the date code. But you obviously will not get the entire 2 years. Date codes read as the following:

This number is a 3 or 4 digit number. For instance if it says 234...the earphones were manufactured on the 23rd week of 2004. If the there is a 4 digit number it reflects the day. 2334 means the 233 day of 2004.

So bottom line. Keep your receipt. All info and form to send in product for warranty can be found here: thanks.
http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cg...p?p_faqid=3306

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 21
Shure must have been nice to me then, because I sent mine in for repair / replacement about 2-3 weeks ago. The cable had become cracked and finally the connection broke. The date code was almost 3 years ago. I really had no receipt because these broken E3c's were warrantee replacements for my broken E1s which I had purchased close to five years ago.

About ten days after I sent my warranty-replaced E3cs in, I received a ANOTHER new pair of E3s in a retail box with a packing slip that said "No Charge."

Presumably, I could keep doing this forever...

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 21
Mine says 425, so 42nd week of 2005? Which is like Oct 2005.

Wow, i cant even think of this cable going bad, its SUPER thick and seem very durable.

Good to know that its still covered if you dont have a purchase slip. People who recieve them as gifts really must love this. I hate having to ask a person who bought me a gift for the receipt to the item. I find that to be rude =( however most places now will give a gift receipt if you ask. Most people dont though, so you're stuck.

A+ for Shure CS....I do not hope that i have to speak with them anytime soon, but its nice to know that they care =)

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine says 425, so 42nd week of 2005? Which is like Oct 2005.

Yep. Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife
I hate having to ask a person who bought me a gift for the receipt to the item. I find that to be rude =(

Well, not if you need the receipt for warranty purposes :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back