Shure survey: Who wants a straight cable for SRH840
Feb 16, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #17 of 36
Nice!

Thanks for the heads up; good to know Shure is listening.

$22 sounds like a lot for a cable though, but I guess it could be worse.

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #18 of 36
Yeah, Shure confirmed this officially in the German Hifi-Forum. This is definetly real.
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #20 of 36
I'd love a straight 4 foot cable.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #21 of 36
It looks like the one they are making is 8 feet long. I prefer the coiled version over that. I guess there is now the option to buy the straight one and shorten it. My soldering skills are weak.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #22 of 36
I wish they have it earlier, oh well, I already re-cabled mine

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #24 of 36
Great to hear that there will finally be an official, affordable straight cable option.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #27 of 36
they still didnt listen to anyone really, its like they half listened to us. A lot of people do not want a long cable, how many people complained about its length over the years? A few thousand maybe? Yet, they still produced a long straight replacement cable. What the hell is wrong with people...i mean really...this makes me want to take a huge loan for millions and start up my own headphone brand so that I can make everyone happy by making the best headphones of all time for a reasonable price that lack nothing

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #28 of 36
I never had and will never want a coiled cable; I just don't see the point of having one. For me it's heavier, bigger, and although it does stretch that stretching puts strain on the jack.

If I had multiple sizes of straight cables for my phones I'd be good to go.

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they still didnt listen to anyone really, its like they half listened to us. A lot of people do not want a long cable, how many people complained about its length over the years? A few thousand maybe? Yet, they still produced a long straight replacement cable. What the hell is wrong with people...i mean really...this makes me want to take a huge loan for millions and start up my own headphone brand so that I can make everyone happy by making the best headphones of all time for a reasonable price that lack nothing

You have to keep in mind what this headphones is intended for. It's a studio headphone. Having a long cable is a necessity. That's also how I primarily use my pair. I just re-cabled mine balanced, and guess what, it's 10 feet long. I may make another short cable to use with my portable amp, but even if I wasn't using them primarily as a studio phone, I still would want it long for desktop use. People complain a lot about the HE-5s only having a 6ft long cable. Most either re-cabled them themselves or bought a long aftermarket cable. So I think the majority prefers the longer cable which is probably why they stuck with the longer cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back