Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT770 32 OHM vs Ultrasone PRO 750
Apr 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LazBro123

500+ Head-Fier
Hey peeps,

Which one of the three headphones in the title should I buy? I listen to basically all genres, but I want bass. I want great clarity and great bass. I am going to use my headphones unamped through a MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPod. Which one should I buy? Any other recommendations in this price range would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

LazBro123

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 10
the 940s aren't going to satisfy your bass needs.  and the 770/32 probably wont either.  and mine needed an amp.

can't comment on the Ultrasone pro 750
but the ultrasone hfi 580 probably has the bass you crave

May 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 10
I'll have to write a much more in depth review.. but for now I'll leave it at this, which seems to be normal from other reviews I've read: I've listened to come tracks and wondered how I've never noticed some of the most intricate parts of them.  The clarity and crispness is ridiculous.  Then I go to some tracks, and the highs are just too crisp, the whole glass in the ears thing is kind of accurate (how some have described it), but it was nothing my EQ didn't fix.  I'll have to spend some time finding its sweet spot with the amp, and it has a lot of break in to go through, but I am super stoked about these.  Next stop, the Kees mod? Haven't decided.

May 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I'll have to write a much more in depth review.. but for now I'll leave it at this, which seems to be normal from other reviews I've read: I've listened to come tracks and wondered how I've never noticed some of the most intricate parts of them.  The clarity and crispness is ridiculous.  Then I go to some tracks, and the highs are just too crisp, the whole glass in the ears thing is kind of accurate (how some have described it), but it was nothing my EQ didn't fix.  I'll have to spend some time finding its sweet spot with the amp, and it has a lot of break in to go through, but I am super stoked about these.  Next stop, the Kees mod? Haven't decided.

Don't do the Kees mod. I had a pair of Ultrasone HFI 2400, and did not want to risk it. If you go into the headphones, you will void the warranty. And, I am glad you love your headphones! I was about to get them, but wanted to save money as I wanted to buy a pair of sunglasses 
biggrin.gif
 But congrats, and have fun! 

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 10
Reviving this thread... Of the headphones mentioned, which ones have the most punch? I really want headphones that have intense bass and mids. I tried the shure 940's and they were quite good for these things, are they even better in the Beyers/Pro 750s? I really want intensity over clarity, but I don't want to completely sacrifice clarity.

I'll be using an E11 and I might use the bass boost on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back