Shure SRH840 vs Audio-Technica ATHM50 vs Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO
Jun 6, 2011 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SennheiserHD

100+ Head-Fier
After countless hours of research and shopping around I have narrowed my search down to 3 pairs of headphones, but I am open to all suggestions. I found all 3 on amazon the cheapest being the shures at 138 followed by the m50s at 155 and the beyers being the most expensive at 174. I listen to mostly dubstep hardstyle bass heavy music, and currently own the senn hd448 on an asus essence stx. tips and suggestions are welcome!!

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 5
DT770's won't be powered to their full potential by the Xonar Essence headphone amp. So if you go for the Beyer's and want to hear them as they should be, you're probably going to need to fork out some more for a dedicated amp.

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 5
DT770's won't be powered to their full potential by the Xonar Essence headphone amp. So if you go for the Beyer's and want to hear them as they should be, you're probably going to need to fork out some more for a dedicated amp.

This is absolutely not true. my friend brought over his 600 ohm dt990's and the card drove them just as well as his receiver at home.

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Quote:

This is absolutely not true. my friend brought over his 600 ohm dt990's and the card drove them just as well as his reviver at home.

Receiver as in AV receiver? They usually don't have very good headphone outs either. I've heard DT880's through a proper amp and through my own Essence STX and I definitely preferred the way they sounded through the dedicated amp. Sounded a bit too "flat" through my Xonar imo.

If you've heard it through a proper amp and through your Xonar and you can't tell the difference, then great :). But you should, I think.

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Receiver as in AV receiver? They usually don't have very good headphone outs either. I've heard DT880's through a proper amp and through my own Essence STX and I definitely preferred the way they sounded through the dedicated amp. Sounded a bit too "flat" through my Xonar imo.

If you've heard it through a proper amp and through your Xonar and you can't tell the difference, then great :). But you should, I think.

idk i had to play with the settings on my card a lot before it was where i wanted it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back