bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
hello everyone. i can't post pics because it's not a mod where it's stable. i don't really think it even counts as a mod. what i did was take the extra earpads that came with my headphones and i double them on the ones already on the headphones. doubling the space between your ears and the drivers. i find it improves the clarity, and sound stage. also it is much more comfortable. anyone else tried this? i find it very effective.

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 15
this seriously makes a huge difference. why didn't i think of it before?

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 15
Not for shure, but I made custom pads for my Grados and my T50RP's and both increased in clearity, soundstage and bass.

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 15
Do you have any pic's of how you doubled them up?  I don't have the spare earpads with me right now.

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 15

Quote:
Do you have any pic's of how you doubled them up?  I don't have the spare earpads with me right now.

i will try and take one.

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 15

as simple as that

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
hello everyone. i can't post pics because it's not a mod where it's stable. i don't really think it even counts as a mod. what i did was take the extra earpads that came with my headphones and i double them on the ones already on the headphones. doubling the space between your ears and the drivers. i find it improves the clarity, and sound stage. also it is much more comfortable. anyone else tried this? i find it very effective.

I think it'll also reduce speed/attack and PRaT, since the driver is farther from your ear.

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 15
Just tried it.  made the bass sound 'boomy' and definitely a loss of clarity for me.  Did you cut the foam inner from the second pair Casey - or are you listening through that?  If you're just simply sitting one on top of the other like I just tried, I can't see how you could possibly increase clarity (the sound going through two layers of foam).

Pleased it's helping you - sounds awful (muddy, muffled, boomy) to me.

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #10 of 15
Is it true the second set of included pads are different than the ones that come on the headphones?

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Is it true the second set of included pads are different than the ones that come on the headphones?

they seem the same to me. but i could be wrong.

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 15

maybe it was just placebo affect but i thought it sounded better.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #14 of 15

Quote:

maybe it was just placebo affect but i thought it sounded better.

Different people, different ears. different tastes Casey - if ti works for you, go for it :wink:

I'd try cutting the center out of the second pair of pads - but I don't want to ruin mine.  Plus I think the 840's just sound great to me as they are.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
Different people, different ears. different tastes Casey - if ti works for you, go for it :wink:

I'd try cutting the center out of the second pair of pads - but I don't want to ruin mine.  Plus I think the 840's just sound great to me as they are.

ya i don't want to wreck my second pair of pads. they sound great without the extra pads but i thought they were more fun with double pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back