Shure SRH840 a good first set?
Dec 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #16 of 17
Before typing this I undocked the Fiio E7 from my E9 and plugged in Dt770/80s.  After listening to some Chemical Brothers I believe that this would be perfect for your needs.  When pucching the volume I miss the E9 but for typical volumes the E7 does wonderfully.  Bass is amazingly robust with this setup especially when you hit the bass boast on the E7 up.  The Dt770/80s will run a little under $200 and the E7 will be around $80, both from Amazon.  That would be a great complete setup for you needs for under $300 total and would literally blow you away if you have been listening the ipod IEMs.  Hope this helps!

-Chris

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #17 of 17
I would certainly endorse the Shure over the Dt770. The DT770 pro was actually one of my first real cans, about 6 years ago. At the time i thought they were the best thing ever.Nothing wrong them, but now i just cant stand the subwoofer bass. If thats what your looking for, then they might do it for you. Otherwise, the SRH840 is tremendous value for the price. They kinda remind of a closed  HD600 lite.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though. My musical tastes have changed over the years, and i tend to lean towards bright cans (DT48/ SA5000).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back