Shure SRH750DJ Review
Aug 7, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #16 of 19
I don't think it's because of the circular shape. The K701 are circular and they're comfortable, even if a bit clampy. Beyerdynamic's DT line is also circular and I think most people say they're comfortable, I never tried them. In this case I think it's more about the headband pressing hard on your head, the cups having little space for your ear so it gets compressed and the pads are very rigid, with the pleather getting stiff. Thankfully Shure includes an extra set of pads, but they could think about re-designing them.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 19
you weren't kidding about the headband. it was incredibly uncomfortable even after just two minutes of use; i felt discomfort for a good 10 minutes after taking off the headphones. i had to extend the headphones to the max and they still just barely fit. i wasn't aware i had a big head but apparently i do. very disappointed. didn't give the sound quality a chance as i knew there was no way i was going to be able to wear them for an extended period of time. they felt decent with single ear cueing but were almost painful when worn regularly. the flat design on the top portion of the band is definitely a negative aspect. i'm returning mine tomorrow and giving the Pioneer HDJ-1500's a try. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back