Shure SRH440 - Impressions
Jul 30, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #46 of 48
When I pair it with Fiio E11, the low bass enhance quite significantly. The bass become rounder and smoother, but no change in terms of clarity, mids and highs. Actually, in my opinion the sound signature will be affected by the type of amp.

I had an E11 a long time ago, and agree it's decent for it's price. The bass boost worked pretty well. The original poster is asking if there are any amps, though, that help to bring out more details, not more bass.

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #47 of 48
I had an E11 a long time ago, and agree it's decent for it's price. The bass boost worked pretty well. The original poster is asking if there are any amps, though, that help to bring out more details, not more bass.

Yes, earlier, I would've been clear about this but recently I read in someone's post that amp doesn't always affect sound, it might simply be there to bring down the total power dac outputs. Not sure adding amp to this dac can bring out some details at same volume levels.

Oct 14, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #48 of 48
Well hello. I'm here after auditioning these ... impromptu random at an avante garde video art retrospective.... The only place in my city where its possible these days! Saw them attached to an old 21 inch box tv with some black and white esoteric arty stuff running,,, no one was around but unfortunately the cable was glued in to the TV so no chance to sneak a proper trial from my phone,,the soundtrack offered some variety of effects to show off the qualities but I wouldn't call it music that took advantage of the staging or stereo field,,or anything else!... I can tell you they were comfortable and probably as light as a pair of cans that size can be in their nicely designed not cheap looking but cheap nevertheless, sturdy black plastic way. Definetly for their price could see me buying these for a friend and tell them to use an EQ app like Wavelet. And they also have the detachable cable to give them that hifi allure which adds to the gift potential.. And the design of 440a looks bang up to date with sleek modern styling. So they really are perfect for a not at all Ostentatious gift for a friend who wouldn't want mad money spent on them who doesn't mind a wire (detachable!) and who is music junky on the go in chilly weather!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back