Shure SRH240 Unboxing
Aug 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #31 of 35
no amp no burn in, well my turbines sounded good out of the box, the bass was too strong and after days of burn in the bass became really soft and nice.

i just didnt bother because i had the 440 on the way.

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #33 of 35
Good day!

I do not wish to flame anyone but just my two cents.

I own the 240s, and have been using them almost everyday for commute (1 hour to and 1 hour from) work, for the past 1 month or so. I definitely love them. Upon purchase, I compared it with the 440s. With regards to comfort, the 440s felt like having a bowling ball clamped to your head. It's stiffer and *heavier* than the 240s, you can really notice the difference in weight.

With regards to sound, the 240's bass is on the thin and tight version. Vocals and mids are splendid. Highs are a bit wanting, but you can still hear a hint of it being present.

All in all, I love it and am now looking for amps to pair with it. I've tried using cheapo Fiio E1, it drives it, but I feel wanting for something more (which does not drain the battery of my ipod that fast).

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #34 of 35
Who friking Cares about the frikin packaging. I couldnt care less if it is packed in a frikin "nice box". The sound quality is amazing and the bass is thumping on these cans. You are either deaf or have hearing problems if you think that the Beats are better than these you fool.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:
Who friking Cares about the frikin packaging. I couldnt care less if it is packed in a frikin "nice box". The sound quality is amazing and the bass is thumping on these cans. You are either deaf or have hearing problems if you think that the Beats are better than these you fool.

If anyone is the fool it is you for resurrecting this four year old thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back