Shure SRH240 Unboxing
Aug 4, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 35
Can you send them back?
The 440 are supposed to be a huge step up, just need to switch the pads and they are supposedly nearly as good as the 840

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 35
You said earlier you used them for all of zero hours before forming an impression of them. Your sound impression means zilch because of that. All of my Shures have needed burn-in in the past.

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #19 of 35
i would really want someone with the 240 to comment here, i did send them back.
i wanted to get the 440 instead but couldnt change the order so they are coming soon plus i ordered some denon ahd1001k in the same price range.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #25 of 35
so...you bought the cheapest of the 3, then you are disapointed because of the sound, and because you want a luxurious box, and now you're going to buy an overpriced headphone that is both 30% more expensive, and sounds much worse than the BEST of the 3 shure models.

Genius!

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #26 of 35
I don't think people should be criticizing the OP just because they picked the cheapest of the three. It's still around the same price as the SE115's and considering that it's a pair of headphones and not a pair of IEM's, I would expect much better sound quality.

The packaging was no cheaper than what I got with my SE110's when I got them. Personally, I thought the packaging was pretty good at the time.

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey SchneiderStudios, will you be doing an un-boxing video for the SRH440s too?

Yes and also for the Denon 1001k and d2000

you can see my se115 video, its packaging is fine. the sound is way better then the srh240 using foam olives and they have improved the bass on the se115 model.
And how much did i spent on the se115? $70 new.

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think people should be criticizing the OP just because they picked the cheapest of the three. It's still around the same price as the SE115's and considering that it's a pair of headphones and not a pair of IEM's, I would expect much better sound quality.

The packaging was no cheaper than what I got with my SE110's when I got them. Personally, I thought the packaging was pretty good at the time.

I wasn't criticizing, it's not my purchase, I could care less. I have been considering those very phones. I was just pointing out that the OP was considering the Beats now instead, and that just seems weird to me because, while I haven't heard the Shures, I can say that they are clearly going to sound better than the beats, and that even the top of the line shure is still much cheaper.

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #29 of 35
forget about the beats, its done im not buying them, i was only asking because those where one of the only headphones ive listened to. i dont think the se115 or the srh240 sound better then the beats.. the se115 might be a little more clear.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
forget about the beats, its done im not buying them, i was only asking because those where one of the only headphones ive listened to. i dont think the se115 or the srh240 sound better then the beats.. the se115 might be a little more clear.

Did you run them through an amp?
did you burn them in? I mean I really don't think you should judge headphones right out of the box.

My grados SR325is sounded pretty bad when they came out of the box. Now they sound amazing after 95 hours of burn in .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back