Shure SRH 750dj vs Ultrasone hfi 580 (dj1)
Apr 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 10
it depends on what are you looking for... I have an SRH750dj and Ultrasone HFI680 (not the 580), the SRH750 will sound better as an all rounder headphone compared to HFI580, for a bassheavy headphone the srh750dj has an overall balanced sound and tight bass, at a slight listening session this Shure doesnt sound at all like a bassheavy cans, the HFI580 would deliver much more punch imo.

the mids, I dont really know about the 580, but judging by the performance of its bigger brother (680), Im guessing that the 580 would have a more transparent mids and clearer.. whereas the 750dj has well emphasized and forward sweet mids, female vocal sounds really intimate on this pair of cans. the ultrasone would have a more drawn back mids but nonetheless still sweet but not as intimate. but then again I'm only judgung by my experience on the 680 which is quite a different headphone to the 580 although they might share the similar soundsig.

the highs, ultrasone headphones known for its glaring highs, the srh750dj also have a pretty harsh treble, but I'd say that the ultrasone might have a better extension overall...

FYI, DJ1 is the HFI500, not the HFI580..

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #7 of 10
Apr 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #8 of 10
I own the SRH750, and they do not by any means have forward mids. They are recessed, it's just not a part of the music that they do well. The bass could be tighter, but if you want sub-bass they're great. The treble is also up there, well extended and not recessed. I can't compare them to the Ultrasones unfortunately.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I own the SRH750, and they do not by any means have forward mids. They are recessed, it's just not a part of the music that they do well. The bass could be tighter, but if you want sub-bass they're great. The treble is also up there, well extended and not recessed. I can't compare them to the Ultrasones unfortunately.

hmmm strangely on my pair the mid is quite forward and sweet.. the female vocal sounds lush on these, or should I say upper mid emphasis? its not the most forward pf course, but compared to most of ultrasone, it is more prominent and forward in my opinion..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back