SHURE sound signature?
Jan 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:
I agree so much with you. We all hear way differently...my wife especially lol. On a good note..I have no issues with seal on my Shure se315.. but I forgot I have some ety small tri-flange.. will be trying them today. Thanks!!

I don't think so. I think will hear similarly (I mean those of us with normal hearing). It's how we interpret what we hear and also how we fit the IEMs in our ears that is different.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 26
That is way to deep for me to get into a discussion on. I just know that my wife has used the Sennheiser hd212 with her ipod for years. She loves it!! All I hear is overwhelming bass. When I get her to listen to what I feel has the bass equivalent plus other qualities..she always prefers the 212's and sais she can't hear any better qualities etc.. I have been with her since 1983 and know her pretty well.. I know she can admit when she is wrong. She truly prefers the sound of the 212. Maybe it comes down to how the Iem fits in our ear..not how WE fit it. Who knows..

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
I don't think so. I think will hear similarly (I mean those of us with normal hearing). It's how we interpret what we hear and also how we fit the IEMs in our ears that is different.

How would we ever know if we all hear similarly? Also,
how do we know that the color that I've seen my whole life and called "red", is the same way that you see red.

We know from birth that that particular shade is called red, but how do we truly know that we all see "red" as the same color. People who are color blind (like my father) can't tell the difference between certain colors, but he alleviates that by using textures.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 26

I still own the se210 and can't listen to them anymore. I just feel as if a lot of sound is missing - mids are okay, highs are good, and the bass is lame. I'm also new to iems and don't know how to explain what I'm hearing. But I always have been an audio junkie since high school. The se210 were my first "quality" Iems, after purchasing numerous sony and skull candy buds; but I always felt that I paid way too much for them. I also feel that the fitment is lacking. When I put them on, I don't know whether go put them over or under the ear; it just feels weird either way. Because of the price and the reputation of Shure, I kept telling myself that they were good.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #22 of 26

Quote:
Quote:

How would we ever know if we all hear similarly? Also,
how do we know that the color that I've seen my whole life and called "red", is the same way that you see red.

We know from birth that that particular shade is called red, but how do we truly know that we all see "red" as the same color. People who are color blind (like my father) can't tell the difference between certain colors, but he alleviates that by using textures.

That's how I look at it. We may hear things slightly differently but interpret them to be the same. If you test 2 peoples hearing, there bandwidth and frequency sensitivity threshold will vary slightly. Our brain takes the same incoming sound and interprets them as what they are so balanced in will be correct for all but that only works for free air sound and perhaps circumaural cans but once you eliminate some of the ear horn/canal with IEMs, all bets are off. I don't think we're talking huge differences here but I fully expect there to be some.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 26
I'm pretty satisfy with my Shure se 535 ltd as they have attractive colour with the 1st glance... the price is not a real big matter as I'm able to afford it.. When this IEM comes to bass, they are tight and not dynamic. Just satisfy what I want... The midrange of this headphone is incredibly awesome. Suitable to listen to Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and others. Very warm vocal... Just the sound stage is under my expectation... Should extend to a larger stage... Overall, I'm satisfy with my Shure se 535 ltd. Those who love dynamic bass, go get yourself a beatsbydre as they are focusing more on bass.. =) Have A Nice Day x)

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #24 of 26
I have the triple.fi and the shure 535 and i luv them both, the triple.fi probably has slightly better treble but recessed mids it more of a fun iem which i like just because you can instantly get into somehting the 535 are probably more accurate as their mids are not recessed and i feel like they have better bass extension they just seem have a bit more omph in the sub bass department comfort fit wise its the 535 all the way.

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #25 of 26
are you all saying tf10 fits better than shure 530? what am i reading here lol....
btw tf10 is more V shape than 530 and i find 530 warmer, and tf10 separates instrument more than shure does
and yes i do own them both

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #26 of 26
sorry was in a hurry. The 535's fit is much better than the triple.fi although its not a major issue for me. Sometimes the 535's seem warmer sometimes they dont it depends on what gone on in the production phase, i have some stuff that was recorded using a digital recording system and they dont seem warm at all with that stuff and yes the triple.fi's are V shaped but i mentioned recessed mids which accounts for that. I dont own the 530's as i have a phobia of spending a large amount of money on something that doesnt have replaceable  cables as they eventually do break and you end up with expensive earings. I enjoy them both but some stuff i listen to has orchestral instruments in the mix and prefer the shures. Nether of them come close to the hd650's for instrument separation but then their big cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back