Shure SE846 or ACS T1, or ???
Sep 29, 2013 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Warwick Hunt

New Head-Fier
Ok so I am looking for some new IEM's.
I have looked at various posts on here and I'm more confused than ever!

Originally I was going to go for ACS T1's, but after reading some reviews on here my horizons have been widened!
Audio source is just direct out of iPhone / iPad, no amps or anything.
I have had various Shure models in the past and have the SE535's at the minute which I have always liked.
Now that Shure have brought out the 846 I am trying to decide whether to buy those instead of the ACS, or even some other brand.

Music taste is varied, but one of the albums that really sounds excellent on my Shure's is OK Computer so I was wondering if anybody has the album and can say which IEM's do the album justice!?

A bit specific I know, but if that album sounds good I will be happy with the performance on other albums!!

Just to add a bit more confusion into the mix, for £900 for the 846's should I be spending the money on full size headphones???

Help!

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Ok so I am looking for some new IEM's.
I have looked at various posts on here and I'm more confused than ever!

Originally I was going to go for ACS T1's, but after reading some reviews on here my horizons have been widened!
Audio source is just direct out of iPhone / iPad, no amps or anything.
I have had various Shure models in the past and have the SE535's at the minute which I have always liked.
Now that Shure have brought out the 846 I am trying to decide whether to buy those instead of the ACS, or even some other brand.

Music taste is varied, but one of the albums that really sounds excellent on my Shure's is OK Computer so I was wondering if anybody has the album and can say which IEM's do the album justice!?

A bit specific I know, but if that album sounds good I will be happy with the performance on other albums!!

Just to add a bit more confusion into the mix, for £900 for the 846's should I be spending the money on full size headphones???

Help!

Whether to spend the money on cans mostly depends on your sources' ability to drive them, and lifestyle- do you need them portable? Also bear in mind that the really good cans are generally open- not good for use in the office.

If you like the 535, but always thought, I wish there was a subwoofer in here for really awesome bass, then the 846 is your ticket. If not, the T1 may be a better choice.

That being said, the 846 has interchangeable filters so you can always switch to a more mid/ treble centric sound if you don't like it. You can't do this for the T1. Finally if you don't like the 846 you can easily sell them. Again, can't do this for the T1.

That benig said, I already have an 846, so I'm also looking at the T1 given the awesome Black Friday deal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back