Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #17,027 of 22,960
  Thanks for everyone's help. I have been looking into tips and SpnFit looks a good option. Can get them from Amazon UK.

Spinfits are good, but IMO the real gems are:

Comply P-Series (do not let your previous experience with Comply taint these gems)
Westone Startip Red

Those are the best IMO. And not by a bit. Spinfits are third for me.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #17,029 of 22,960
  Thanks for the Info. The Westone are a good price on Amazon UK. Are they better than the stock tips?

Yes! Moving from Shure's Olive tips to the Westones provides a noticeable difference in sound quality and, in my opinion, a better fit. Maybe that's two sides of the same coin. I found that they increased extension on the top and bottom and opened up the soundstage. I A/B'd the tips to death trying to find the right ones, and I liked the Westones much better for sound quality. Now, the difference isn't huge. But neither is the price. Give them a shot.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #17,033 of 22,960
  Just bought some CP800's in medium and large from Amazon.co.uk. Looking forward to receiving my SE846 and then trying the Spinfit.

I like the SpinFit's with the 846's the best. I have a collection of tips that I once thought were the best including different sizes of Comply P's. I always come back to the silicon tips, whether that be the stock gray tips or the SpinFit's. Everybody has their own preferences. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #17,035 of 22,960
No love for the triple-flanges from Shure here???

I probably spend the most time using those. My ears got used to them comfort-wise, and I am wild about the isolation they provide!

I also like the Westone's and the SpinFits, though the with the latter I needed a larger size for my right ear than for my left to get a decent seal.

Terry

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #17,036 of 22,960
  No love for the triple-flanges from Shure here???

I probably spend the most time using those. My ears got used to them comfort-wise, and I am wild about the isolation they provide!

I also like the Westone's and the SpinFits, though the with the latter I needed a larger size for my right ear than for my left to get a decent seal.

Terry

I love the triple flange but they shrivel up after a few weeks of use. I read a method on an amazon review where you can wash it with water and folding the flange back to "reset" the memory foam. It can be a little tedious so I usually have the spinfit CP800-M on my se846 full time and can get a near perfect seal every time 

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #17,040 of 22,960
are there different sizes? I really have problems with spinfit, since they make some kind
of vaccum between the inner ear and the earphones and it gets quite uncomfortable sometimes.

They come in blue,green,black, red, orange. All indicates different sizes.
I do not have that vacuum problem which you have described. It feels comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back