Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #14,626 of 22,954
New happy 846-owner checking in. I'm a sucker that couldn't resist a 20% discount at a Swedish online store. Missed out when they had a similar drive this autumn and was a bit bummed about it so this time my resistance was futile. My plan was originally that my next buy would be either the HD800S or finally saving up for a Stax SR009. But no, those will have to wait a bit longer.

Coming from a JH16 I'm so far happy about the 8s. Haven't done any side to side yet but the bass seems a bit more pronounced than the JH16 and the complaints lately about poor treble is at least not obvious to me yet. As the JH16s are considered to be quite bassy I'm a bit surprised that these are even more bassy, not complaining though as the bass isn't bleeding into the mids. Only tried with the stock blue filter.

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #14,627 of 22,954
Hi!

Can you send me the link of the shop?

Thanks
New happy 846-owner checking in. I'm a sucker that couldn't resist a 20% discount at a Swedish online store. Missed out when they had a similar drive this autumn and was a bit bummed about it so this time my resistance was futile. My plan was originally that my next buy would be either the HD800S or finally saving up for a Stax SR009. But no, those will have to wait a bit longer.

Coming from a JH16 I'm so far happy about the 8s. Haven't done any side to side yet but the bass seems a bit more pronounced than the JH16 and the complaints lately about poor treble is at least not obvious to me yet. As the JH16s are considered to be quite bassy I'm a bit surprised that these are even more bassy, not complaining though as the bass isn't bleeding into the mids. Only tried with the stock blue filter.

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #14,630 of 22,954

I also bought mine from CDON. I got the blue colored ones.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #14,633 of 22,954
Nice! I don't know why but I didn't notice they had the colored ones. Not sure if I would have gone that route anyway though.

Blue looks awesome. I ordered transparent version on thursday the week the feal came online. Next monday I noticed blue and bronze came stock. (had alert on) returned my transparent and ordered blue. It looks really good

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #14,634 of 22,954
Tried the spinfits today after using the complys some days. And absolutly little or No bass.But i have a little question.When i unmodded the blue filter,i placed the foam Just at the end (outside/where the tips go on)on the filter. But cant remember if it should be all inside at the bottom???

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #14,635 of 22,954
Tried the spinfits today after using the complys some days. And absolutly little or No bass.But i have a little question.When i unmodded the blue filter,i placed the foam Just at the end (outside/where the tips go on)on the filter. But cant remember if it should be all inside at the bottom???

Mine had 2 poams in it. They were down in the middle towards the base.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #14,636 of 22,954

I also placed them back towards the bottom,

I feel like the unmodded blues are the nicest sound for me, after a few months of burn in with mod blue/white

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #14,637 of 22,954

I also placed them back towards the bottom,

I feel like the unmodded blues are the nicest sound for me, after a few months of burn in with mod blue/white

Glad to hear that you're now finally enjoying the SE846 w/ the SpinFit tips and Mojo as DAC. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #14,639 of 22,954
I modified the filter to use the Knowles type last week and I'm never going back to the standard filters. Really worth the effort. I posted earlier how I did it. I only had a white pair on hand but IMO way better than stock blue with/with out foam and stock white. I will probably order more types of the Knowles. If anyone wants to try it, willing to combine and save on their ridiculous shipping charges. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #14,640 of 22,954
  I modified the filter to use the Knowles type last week and I'm never going back to the standard filters. Really worth the effort. I posted earlier how I did it. I only had a white pair on hand but IMO way better than stock blue with/with out foam and stock white. I will probably order more types of the Knowles. If anyone wants to try it, willing to combine and save on their ridiculous shipping charges.

Can you post some pictures of your modified filter... 

Have you got any good website links from where you buy the Knowles Dampers from?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back