Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #13,096 of 22,954
I often see reports that these headphones play very well white filters and I'm wondering whether so it actually? and where to sell them?

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #13,097 of 22,954
Thanks Spook! Can't wait to get my hands on them!!!

Yea I was worried about the loss of warmth initially. But I'm willing to give the silver litz a try first. Lets see how things go.

I just gave a try on my M9. I was not able to pick up any hiss when i adjusted the volume on my M9. I tried it on three applications, spotify, nuetron and poweramp, did not come across any hiss as of yet. 

Or maybe my ears are just not that sensitive.:confused_face:  

Thanks for your tryout. It seems that you misunderstood my second question, I want to know that the volume adjustment in your M9 can increase/decrease to a very small degree to get a desirable listening level.

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #13,099 of 22,954
[COLOR=111111]I asked you a question![/COLOR]
Patience is a virtue :wink:

Anyhow, the white filters come in the little key ring style attachment alongside the black filters that you'll find in the package...

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #13,104 of 22,954

Actually, the MBP has got a very low output impedance. The main problem with it is the very noise floor/ground noise, which "veils" sound.

I red the mbp has a output impedance of 24 ohm which is quite high at least for se846.

http://www.faqoverflow.com/apple/57186.html

Honestly, I question the specs regarding the output impedance stated on that site. At least I can say that the MB Air has got a very low output impedance, clearly below 1 Ohm (measured the frequency response deviation with an attached multi-driver IEM myself).

I knew someone who had a MBP, but can't recall whether it was already an MBP Retina or not, but it had definitely an output impedance around/below 1 Ohm.
Actually, Apple takes quite good care on the output impedance of the newer gen portable devices.

If you've got an additional Windows computer, download the free software Audacity and Right Mark Audio Analyzer, have got a 1x stereo in to 2x stereo out y-splitter adapter as well as a 3.5 mm (male) to 3.5 mm (male) cable, you can shoot me a PM, so I could give you some advise on how to make measurements yourself.

---------

is it possible to buy them separately?

There were already a few people on this thread that ordered replacement filters; they had to call Shure on the telephone. If I'm not mistaking, prices were around $20 plus shipping for one pair.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #13,105 of 22,954

is it possible to buy them separately?

I doubt that yiu can to be honest

Here's a post from a few months ago that answers your (or anyone's inquiry): http://www.head-fi.org/t/675219/shure-se846-impressions-thread/11850#post_11727813.

Shipping/customs charges will vary since the filters will be sent to Russia/Moscow (your location that you wrote).

Good luck! 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #13,106 of 22,954
Thanks for your tryout. It seems that you misunderstood my second question, I want to know that the volume adjustment in your M9 can increase/decrease to a very small degree to get a desirable listening level.

Ah. Nope I can't make fine adjustments to the volume  at the moment. It seems that you either enable a custom rom on the M9 to get this feature or download a third party app form the playstore. like volume control+.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #13,107 of 22,954

Ah. Nope I can't make fine adjustments to the volume  at the moment. It seems that you either enable a custom rom on the M9 to get this feature or download a third party app form the playstore. like volume control+.

On most android devices I've used you can fine tune it. The volume rocker normally has a greater increase between each volume step however if you use your finger on the on screen volume slider you can adjust at a granular level.

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #13,109 of 22,954

On most android devices I've used you can fine tune it. The volume rocker normally has a greater increase between each volume step however if you use your finger on the on screen volume slider you can adjust at a granular level.

HTC M9 doesn't allow that. Volume rocker still slides modularly.
frown.gif

Same with the Samsung Galaxy S4 I used to own - even with PowerAmp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back