Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #12,541 of 22,960

Ok, so technically I would assume they would be cheaper, having missed out on the plastic case. I just feel like I am at a disadvantage just because I am buying from Asia. While that may be sort of a minor issue (I just feel a bit disappointed that I am not getting the full value), what about the one year warranty in Asia compared to the two year warranty in the US? There must be some explanation about that, certainly. And I'm paying the same price (if not more) for less... how does this make sense?

About warranty. It varies between countries because there are either manufacturer/company specific reasons (see below) or legal obligations per certain country/region.

A company may use warranties for advertising purposes to distinguish its product from the competition. Strong warranties may be required to break into a new market, especially if the company is an unknown supplier. In some cases, warranties may be instrumental in making the sale and become a major element in negotiations. In other cases, warranties similar to those in the United States are not expected. By providing an unnecessary warranty, the company may raise the cost of the product higher than the competitors' costs. When considering this point, exporters should keep in mind that servicing warranties will probably be more expensive and troublesome in foreign markets. It is desirable to arrange warranty service locally with the assistance of a representative or distributor. (Source: International Marketing: An Asia-Pacific Perspective By Richard Fletcher, Heather Crawford)

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #12,542 of 22,960
Is there a custom cable with a 3.5TRRS plug for se846 as i want to access the TRRS function of ZX2?Would appreciate if someone could provide a link 
smile.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #12,543 of 22,960
Is there a custom cable with a 3.5TRRS plug for se846 as i want to access the TRRS function of ZX2?Would appreciate if someone could provide a link :smile: .

One of those, just contact them and request :). Any place that does custom cables would do it easy.

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store

Good luck with whatever you may find :) and have fun

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #12,544 of 22,960
  Is there a custom cable with a 3.5TRRS plug for se846 as i want to access the TRRS function of ZX2?Would appreciate if someone could provide a link 
smile.gif

Moon Audio has it in both their Silver Dragon and Black Dragon custom cables. I have their Silver Dragon cable for my AK240 and am very satisfied with it. Just ordered the Black Dragon for my ZX2. Here are the links:

http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-cable-shure-earphones-v1.html

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-cable-shure-earphones-v1.html

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #12,545 of 22,960

Moon Audio has it in both their Silver Dragon and Black Dragon custom cables. I have their Silver Dragon cable for my AK240 and am very satisfied with it. Just ordered the Black Dragon for my ZX2. Here are the links:

http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-cable-shure-earphones-v1.html

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-cable-shure-earphones-v1.html

Τhe black dragon cable in the link has a TRS plug(2 black circles instead of three which is TRRS ).If i'm wrong please correct me.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #12,547 of 22,960
Ι understand but still another problem arises and one to seriously take into account.If that cable is compatible with the entire Shure line and not Se846 specifically there might be problems with the sound cutting off as se846 connectors are slightly different.Will have to contact and clarify that.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #12,548 of 22,960
  Ι understand but still another problem arises and one to seriously take into account.If that cable is compatible with the entire Shure line and not Se846 specifically there might be problems with the sound cutting off as se846 connectors are slightly different.Will have to contact and clarify that.

The links are to the order page for each cable. Part of the order process includes selecting the desired amplifier connection from 15 choices, of which two are 3.5mm Gold straight and right-angle TRRS mini connectors for the Sony ZX2. I have the Silver Dragon cable for my AK240 and it works flawlessly with my SE846's. There is also a comment section where you can identify which DAP or AMP you have and which IEMs and they will double check your order to make sure you ordered the right cable for your equipment.

They are good folks and will make sure you get what you need. Custom built after you order for your specific gear or request. That means that it probably won't ship the next day.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #12,549 of 22,960

The links are to the order page for each cable. Part of the order process includes selecting the desired amplifier connection from 15 choices, of which two are 3.5mm Gold straight and right-angle TRRS mini connectors for the Sony ZX2. I have the Silver Dragon cable for my AK240 and it works flawlessly with my SE846's. There is also a comment section where you can identify which DAP or AMP you have and which IEMs and they will double check your order to make sure you ordered the right cable for your equipment.

They are good folks and will make sure you get what you need. Custom built after you order for your specific gear or request. That means that it probably won't ship the next day.

Οk thanks for clarifying that.We had that discussion on the thread before and me and others found that custom cables that fitted se535 for example had looser connection with se846 and with head movement the sound would cut off.It's good to hear that it doesn't happen with moon audio cables.I will probably buy it since the Trrs plug alone will be worth it with ZX2 as Whitigir and others found out  on ZX2 thread.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #12,552 of 22,960
Spinfit CP800, but not available yet that I can find.

Yeah...I got impatient waiting, and then there was the discussion in another thread about SpinFit vs Spiral Dots. I decided to just go the SCS route.
smile.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #12,555 of 22,960
The T1+2 was more dynamic, more fun. It broke twice and they didn't replace it the second time. I decide now to stick to the little less exciting but much more reliable (so I think) SE846. The bass of the T1+2 was more precise, more hard and clear hitting, quite awesome. The T1+2 (with the gold cable) was the best I have ever heard in earphone. But the shure comes close enough to be fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back