Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #7,232 of 22,945
I don't think it gets much better... AK240, balanced Se846... Bliss...

Definitely from a portable standpoint, it does not get much better.  I am sure the setup sounds lovely, as I've only heard the AK240 balanced with AK balanced Roxanne, and that was a disappointment compared to other TOTL IEMs I've listened to.  Hearing the AK240 SE with HL Silver Litz and SE846 sounded warm, resolving and divine.  Enjoy your pimped out collab, Warrior!  
cool.gif

etysmile.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #7,233 of 22,945
  I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, nor do I really know the technology behind both IEMs. What I have posted is merely what I hear. 

Well, I was wondering how much better it gets than the Shure SE846. According to what you are hearing, very expensive IEM's like the Roxanne are only slightly better at soundstage while the rest is just flavour, which is good news for me as I won't bother upgrading to more expensive IEM's then.

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #7,235 of 22,945

I am just another guy like Johnny come lately to SE846 party :p So here is my Shure SE846 with Fostex HP-V1 combination and all I feel is nothing but bass and warm sound. It's so good and crystal clear to hear Roger Water's bass :)

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #7,237 of 22,945

I am just another guy like Johnny come lately to SE846 party :p So here is my Shure SE846 with Fostex HP-V1 combination and all I feel is nothing but bass and warm sound. It's so good and crystal clear to hear Roger Water's bass :)

Question concerning your hpp1 how long have you had it, how long does the battery last. Have you recharged it much, how long to recharge, does the battery hold the charge well over time, how is the carry case, does the dac rattle. Thanks for the feedback, am considering but have some concerns with the hpp1..... But not concerning sq.

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #7,240 of 22,945
What? No rwak240?Pfff cheapening out on the dap.
By the way what filters are you using with ak240?

LMAO... Just received yesterday, but I've been in touch with Vinnie... I will be shipping this out before Xmas. ☺

I've only tried the blue filters with it. Perhaps later tonight I will have time to play around. For me, the whites were too harsh on my sensitive ears, along with no filters, and black were too dark for me. That might change with the 240 though. I plan on doing the black mod as well, but I truly love the sound of the blue filters.

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #7,241 of 22,945
Whazzup what source are you using for your 8s? I am just curious, as I live the sounds they produce from anything and everything I've paired them with.

My signature shows my equipment, at home it's th900 with hpa8 exclusive bliss, portable out and about its i phone six plus. So considering a portable dac. So very very interested in feed back on the hpp1. For the exact questions ask from a user who has had one a while. Again not concerned with sq as fostex does that very well. Am concerned with battery, portability with the case and rattling issues, the knob I can deal with, otherwise I will wait for a refresh from fostex. The hpa8 at home is overkill on the 846.

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #7,242 of 22,945
Sorry on mobile site, which doesn't show signatures unfortunately. How do you like the 8s out of the iPhone 6 plus? I was extremely close to getting that, but went with the Note 4. I prefer not to use my phone as my source, probably because for the most part, Android phones have been sub par for music ime. If I didn't root and install Viper4Android, I couldn't even use my phone at all, it's that bad. Rooted with v4a, it's actually quite good. I still prefer separate devices though... Probably due to my electronics fetish!!

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #7,243 of 22,945
Sorry on mobile site, which doesn't show signatures unfortunately. How do you like the 8s out of the iPhone 6 plus? I was extremely close to getting that, but went with the Note 4. I prefer not to use my phone as my source, probably because for the most part, Android phones have been sub par for music ime. If I didn't root and install Viper4Android, I couldn't even use my phone at all, it's that bad. Rooted with v4a, it's actually quite good. I still prefer separate devices though... Probably due to my electronics fetish!!

Ip6+ with neutron is passable. But leagues away from my regular sources so I seldom use it...

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #7,245 of 22,945
I just opened the package, which was shipped in an double bubble envelope. I was surprised it came with a case, and bunch of brushes. Here a link for anyone who having drops in signal with their new cables. Really great deal considering the extra they throw in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281463470106?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back