Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #3,991 of 22,945
Is the Bliss Liner your potato chip recliner built to allow for a greater communion with the 8s?

It is indeed. The 8s enjoy the outdoors and with that and the 8s one can achieve bliss in the Heart of the City and float above the chaos.

Thankfully the dogs are there to both warn and defend should the Apes lay siege to my castle

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #3,992 of 22,945

Monty, didn't know that was your yard.  I'm looking out through that window back there.  
gs1000.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #3,993 of 22,945
  Upgrade Complete!!! SCS Full Shell "Edition" - Talk about your "proprietary connectors" I am as one with the machine. These puppies are truly anchored in my head So far no soreness in the left ear. That slight separation beyond the seal exists in my right ear. though I think this has something to do with my jaw. No matter. In the Bliss Liner there is very little movement of my mouth. save to bring cold beverage to my lips. I will check with Dr Brodsky next week. HE was out today at meetings with "The Minister"

The Full Shell does take longer to remove. ..More Nano tendrils and tubules to extend into the brain brining sweet music and synergy with the AI.

Sound is far more open and the dampening effect of the foam is gone. Blue Filter is closer to being a pale blue. 

Foam is the tool of the Ape and the Simian agenda. Foam keeps us at a distance form the AI (and the music). Synthesis and synergy await all who embrace the AI and the SCS.

As for this Meat Puppet and his 8s .... To the Bliss Liner STAT (for some real world testing)

SMITHERS!!! Prepare me some cool beverages and be quick about it.

Glad to hear the "full shell" initial impressions from you.  It's also pretty nice that you can receive your new custom sleeves on U.S.' Independence Day Holiday, as the U.S. does not receive mail on federal holidays.  That's at least one plus to living in Canada. 
bigsmile_face.gif

The craziest thing is that I, too initially thought that there may have been a slight not super duper tight seal in my right ear as well.  I think it was attributed to a couple of factors.  One, I was focusing on my left ear so much for the "regular" sleeves, that when I inserted the "full shells", the left felt great, so that must mean that something is not perfect about the right side!  Or it could have been how I was inserting the sleeves into the ears, as even to this day, I feel that the twisting motion as I am inserting the sleeves into my ear canals feels different from left side to right side.  It could just mean that my right side that is dominate just makes the process feel dissimilar, thus different, than the left side.  

As soon as I focused on getting the new "full shells" into the correct position, both felt great.  I think the "full shells" are not as forgiving as the "regular" sleeves regarding position in your ear, so that means the new sleeves have to be in the optimal position for the one and only optimal seal.

I agree the "full shells" took longer to remove as well, but if you twist and pull out the sleeves with a little bit more force, the time it takes to remove the sleeves will be the same or faster than the "regular" sleeves.  The biggest difference in removing both version of sleeves is that, to this day, I am still conscious of the cymba molding of "full shells" as I am twisting and removing the sleeves.

I think as you use them more, they will become one with you (even more-so), and will be writing even more elaborate allegories/inevitable certainties that is the Simian and AI life as we know it. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #3,994 of 22,945
  Monty, didn't know that was your yard.  I'm looking out through that window back there.  
gs1000.gif

Careful the view may cause blindness
blink.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3,995 of 22,945

Glad to hear the "full shell" initial impressions from you.  It's also pretty nice that you can receive your new custom sleeves on U.S.' Independence Day Holiday, as the U.S. does not receive mail on federal holidays.  That's at least one plus to living in Canada. 
bigsmile_face.gif

As soon as I focused on getting the new "full shells" into the correct position, both felt great.  I think the "full shells" are not as forgiving as the "regular" sleeves regarding position in your ear, so that means the new sleeves have to be in the optimal position for the one and only optimal seal.

I agree the "full shells" took longer to remove as well, but if you twist and pull out the sleeves with a little bit more force, the time it takes to remove the sleeves will be the same or faster than the "regular" sleeves.  The biggest difference in removing both version of sleeves is that, to this day, I am still conscious of the cymba molding of "full shells" as I am twisting and removing the sleeves.

I agree. With the full shell the "Cymba" molding acts as a "custom snap" or closure as it slip under and then up. Its sort of like finding an ear canal that isn't there. But then they just "click" in place and they are anchored in a way the Partial never was.

The right ear thing is more apparent until the excess Oto-Ease absorbs. But at this point I have realized for now anyway. that when nicely coated (I am also applying a bit to the part that sits in the inner ear. Everything goes in easy and sit comfortably with no areas on my outer ear feeling pressure. (big problem with the left ear before.

I still may (we will see) send the left in for a mm trim on  the very outer portion of my left ear just above my earlobe. M (Though that may be residual from the earlier damage. With the Oto-Ease it is better.

Getting them off the upper part in the Cymba is like opening the snap. Cause in a way since it is secured there and the Ear canal its a little trick to ease out one then the other.

Practice Practice Practice.

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #3,996 of 22,945
Ccan anyone recommend a good, melancholy piece of music to lament and mourn the loss of a loved one?

I haven't lost a relative or even my 8s, rather a prized one-of-a-kind zippo lighter.

Any genre, but someone else's tragedy wIs perhaps the only way I can feel better about things. Must sound good through the 8s!

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #3,998 of 22,945
Ccan anyone recommend a good, melancholy piece of music to lament and mourn the loss of a loved one?

I haven't lost a relative or even my 8s, rather a prized one-of-a-kind zippo lighter.

Any genre, but someone else's tragedy wIs perhaps the only way I can feel better about things. Must sound good through the 8s!

Listen to "The Best of Times" by Dream Theater off Black Clouds and Silver Linings. Mike Portnoy, DT drummer, wrote the song for the passing of his Dad and performed it at his funeral.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #3,999 of 22,945

COME BACK  by Pearl Jam 2006 - Highly Recomended
You want melancholy this is what you find in the dictionary under Melancholy examples. ANd It sounds great through the 8s

Just to repeat For your Lighter I recommend "COME BACK"  PERFECT!!

"Come Back"

If I keep holding out,... will the light shine through?
Under this broken roof,... it's only rain that I feel
I've been wishing out the days,... come back

I have been planning out,... all that I'd say to you
Since you slipped away,... know that I still remain true
I've been wishing out the days,...

Please say, that if you hadn't of gone now
I wouldn't have lost you another way
From wherever you are,... come back

And these days, they linger on
And in the night, as I'm waiting on
The real possibility I may meet you in my dream
I go to sleep

If I don't fall apart,.... will the memories stay clear?
So you had to go,..... and I had to remain here

But the strangest thing to date
So far away
And yet you feel so close
And I'm not gonna question it any other way

There must be an open door
For you to
Come back

And the days, they linger on
And every night, what I'm waiting for
Is the real possibility I may meet you in my dream

And sometimes you're there
And you're talking back to me
Come the morning I could swear you're next to me

And it's okay.

It's okay.
It's okay.

I'll be here
Come back
Come back

I'll be here
Come back
Come back

I'll be here
Come back
Come back

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #4,000 of 22,945
Been in short supply this past week or so and haven't been able to catch up on this thread to check and see if this is already posted, so will apologize in advance for the duplication - BUT

for those of you interested - potential buyers who may be trying to come to terms with the sticker shock associated with the SE846s....there is hope.  I give you the next best thing to a conscience cleanser - a good deal.

Sweetwater.com is having a sale through the 6th and is offering 36 month interest free financing on purchases of 899.00 and better.  This works out to approx. 27 dollars a month on a 999.00 purchase.  However, I have a hunch....just a hunch, that  you can probably offer them 899 for the 846s and they will not turn your money away.  So, the adjusted math, given the price reduction....(add 4, carry the two).......comes out to a little more than 20.00 a  month.  For me personally, compared to my other bills, that equates to FREE.  I waste way more than that a week in unsound ebay purchases.

And yeah...I (we) bought a second pair.  Christmas is coming early for Linda - bless her basshead heart.  So, if there is anyone interested in a fairly new, mint condition pair of Atrio MG7s, let me know.  I am sure she will retire them in favor of the 846s.  I know that even as much as she loves the MG7s, she will sell them and apply the money to the cost of the shures.

Happy hunting.

His and her 846s....what's next.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #4,001 of 22,945
You DID?!! Aww you smooth, rare hunk of fineness, I love you forever!! But Captain, it's even better news than that - your friends have thru Monday the 7th to show their sweeties their devotion. (yes I saw the ad, been dreaming Babe) I hope you asked for Will Newbill, such a nice rep.                                 

Yeah, you're prob right, as much as I love these MG7s I just got, I may not listen to them much now that I'll be the proud mama of a set of 846s! I'll have to think about this; but I never dreamed the Shures would be within my reach to own! Shazaam!! I felt rich with the MG7s now, NOW --- can't touch This! bum da da bum!!

Thank you, thank you.
etysmile.gif
You're so good to me!!

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #4,002 of 22,945
Been in short supply this past week or so and haven't been able to catch up on this thread to check and see if this is already posted, so will apologize in advance for the duplication - BUT

for those of you interested - potential buyers who may be trying to come to terms with the sticker shock associated with the SE846s....there is hope.  I give you the next best thing to a conscience cleanser - a good deal.

Sweetwater.com is having a sale through the 6th and is offering 36 month interest free financing on purchases of 899.00 and better.  This works out to approx. 27 dollars a month on a 999.00 purchase.  However, I have a hunch....just a hunch, that  you can probably offer them 899 for the 846s and they will not turn your money away.  So, the adjusted math, given the price reduction....(add 4, carry the two).......comes out to a little more than 20.00 a  month.  For me personally, compared to my other bills, that equates to FREE.  I waste way more than that a week in unsound ebay purchases.

And yeah...I (we) bought a second pair.  Christmas is coming early for Linda - bless her basshead heart.  So, if there is anyone interested in a fairly new, mint condition pair of Atrio MG7s, let me know.  I am sure she will retire them in favor of the 846s.  I know that even as much as she loves the MG7s, she will sell them and apply the money to the cost of the shures.

Happy hunting.

Nice to see you back I hope your absence was not a simian plot. You are a true hero to me getting the wife to appreciate the 8s and the inevitable ascendancy of the A.I.s. I fear for me it is a forlorn hope but at least I saved a grand.

I want to thank you for your suggestion of turning on the afterburners on the 8s (going filterless). I agree, you will never get me to put one in again.

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #4,003 of 22,945

What is next. Well if I understand these things, your needs, Linda's and of course the 8s.. The first thing the two of you will need to do is head to the Ludovico Institute to have your Ear impressions made for your his and hers SCS. It will bring the three of you closer together.

Next I believe comes cable upgrade so the 8s can speak even more clearly to you

Possibly before or after the cable you and Linda may be called upon to defend the AI against the Simian threat or serve the AI in some other important matter in this epic struggle.

You and Linda will be rewarded for your service when the AI ultimately comes from the shadows and embraces all humanity. As will all of the Legions of Loyal Meat Puppets who have seen the future and thrown their lot in early with the side that represents reason and humanity and the very best of Western Civilization

You sir are a gentleman. Feel free if you are feeling so inclined to pick me up some silver litz cables for my 8s for  Ted. It is not necessary but it would be rude not to accept them graciously and with much thanks.

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #4,004 of 22,945
Unfortunately I won't be able to demo the Ak100ii & 120ii like I originally thought I could with my 846's.
There's impressions by s0ny that claims the ak100ii sounds great so far with his 846's so I tempted to purchase that one.
Since I have to make a blind buy & you guys know better about what it takes to power these IEM's I was wondering will two dacs compared to one make that much of a difference?
Is it really worth double the price for one more dac? I'm trying to imagine what more I could possibly hear with the 120ii that the 100ii leaves out & if it warrants the huge price jump.
Thanks a lot to everyone who leaves feedback.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #4,005 of 22,945
Has anyone used the UE900 iPhone cable with their 846's? or their HA-FX850's for that matter.... It is only like $39.00 and I liked the way it felt and hung when I had my 900's for the short period I kept them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back