Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 31, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #2,821 of 22,945
Do you find you have any issues with your HL cable cutting out.  I've tried using the d-oxit gold but the problem seems to be getting worse.  They even cut out when I yawn or with other small movements.  The stock cable doesn't have any issues.  I wish the silver cable didn't have any problems because with the X5 LO>Pico Slim>846 it sounds amazing,  a huge improvement over the stock cable, i.e. tighter bass, and a much airier sound.

Thanks.
Dave.

Dave,

The only time I had that issue cleaning the MMCX connectors with DeOxit red then gold eliminated the problem. If that does not solve the problem and with the stock cable you have no issues, contact Ted and he will fix them for you. Ted is like Shure in that he stands behind his work.

May 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #2,822 of 22,945
The 846 speak for themselves - Literally.
I walked into the SONY flagship store today on Madison Av in NY today.(And no before anyone asks this is not our honeymoon - we are living in sin. I don't need a piece of paper to prove my commitment or love for them)

Anyhow, I walked into the SONY store jacked in wearing my 8s. I walked up to a sales rep and asked, "Do you have or know if the.." Before I could finish my sentence he replied No!.
I told him I haven't finished my question. He said he saw the 8s in my ear, recognized them and knew I was about to ask about the Z71 re its North American availability. With those in my ears what else would I want from Sony

Apparently for now Sony is ceding North America to Apple.

He then asked if I had custom,sleeves yet .

I told him I should have mine by next week.
He was most impressed by them and I ended up answering more questions than him.

I sense I am not the first person who has a pair of 846s to inquire about their one good (better than iPod) portable product.

See I told you all the 846s do speak and apparently not just to me. (unlike Mr Ed who only spoke Wilbur)

IMO it is time for SHURE to fill the gap and market a DAP worthy of the 846. Imagine if you will the kind of DAP Shure could manufacture - with their deep ties to the live music, recording and end users (remember they make styluses' too) coupled with their damn near legendary customer service.
I for one would pre order one from Shure based on rumour alone.

Until then... ?

May 31, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,823 of 22,945
Dave,

The only time I had that issue cleaning the MMCX connectors with DeOxit red then gold eliminated the problem. If that does not solve the problem and with the stock cable you have no issues, contact Ted and he will fix them for you. Ted is like Shure in that he stands behind his work.

Thanks spook76, I'll try the DeOxit gold again and if that doesn't work I'll contact Ted and ask if he has any other ideas.  I've only heard good things about Ted and him standing behind his work.  

May 31, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #2,825 of 22,945
What's a Sony Z71?  ZX1 maybe?

My bad typing from my smartphone yes ZX1. Much harder to see my mistakes with these 49year old eyes and a small screen.
Smart phone, not so smart human.

This typo never would have happened IF Shure made a DAP paired to their IEM ( Say a Shure DP846), which alas they do not - yet.
Hey an old man can hope can't he :rolleyes:

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #2,827 of 22,945
The left earpiece squeaks when I press the nozzle, the right earpiece doesn't do that. Is this fine or should I get it replaced / repaired by Shure?

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #2,831 of 22,945
Have no idea. Does the Surface 2 have a full size USB port?
If it does it will, I guess, support drag and drop.
Had the AK120 and (IMO) the DX90 is (at the very least) equal in sound quality.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2,833 of 22,945
so i lost my filters apart from the black i have been overcome by how bored i am of the sound i also tried no filters- not recomended .so i snipped of the ends of the black , where the sponge is to make shift some white ones , now i can see what everyone else was talking about , before i was content with thinking that these were no beter that sm64 or asg2 , now i am rocking bad boy micheal jackson filters . bass treble detail and all the rest is siic

if any one has the black and doesnt use them u should cut them in half and compare to the white yolo

also worth noting i can here a big difference in crunch between gain switch on dx50 now

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #2,834 of 22,945
The 846 speak for themselves - Literally.
I walked into the SONY flagship store today on Madison Av in NY today.(And no before anyone asks this is not our honeymoon - we are living in sin. I don't need a piece of paper to prove my commitment or love for them)

Anyhow, I walked into the SONY store jacked in wearing my 8s. I walked up to a sales rep and asked, "Do you have or know if the.." Before I could finish my sentence he replied No!.
I told him I haven't finished my question. He said he saw the 8s in my ear, recognized them and knew I was about to ask about the Z71 re its North American availability. With those in my ears what else would I want from Sony

Apparently for now Sony is ceding North America to Apple.

He then asked if I had custom,sleeves yet .

I told him I should have mine by next week.
He was most impressed by them and I ended up answering more questions than him.

I sense I am not the first person who has a pair of 846s to inquire about their one good (better than iPod) portable product.

See I told you all the 846s do speak and apparently not just to me. (unlike Mr Ed who only spoke Wilbur)

IMO it is time for SHURE to fill the gap and market a DAP worthy of the 846. Imagine if you will the kind of DAP Shure could manufacture - with their deep ties to the live music, recording and end users (remember they make styluses' too) coupled with their damn near legendary customer service.
I for one would pre order one from Shure based on rumour alone.

Until then... ?

just get the x5 its cheaper and beter than sony

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #2,835 of 22,945
How is the sound stage on the SE846?

Does it sound like the music is being drilled into your brain?

Does it sound open and further away?

Can I mentally pick out the coordinates of different instruments or vocals depending on their location and intensity" on stage"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back