Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #541 of 22,945
Hi all, I just received my SE846 and it sounds fantastic. The bass is punchy but does not spill into the mids at all, it is actually what had me sold on getting them. I had a pair of SE535s before, and I sold it due to lack of bass and to me I felt the treble sounded quite artificial. SE846 is just buttery smooth, everything sounds just right. 

I'm wondering what eartips most of you guys use? 

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #542 of 22,945
Hi all, I just received my SE846 and it sounds fantastic. The bass is punchy but does not spill into the mids at all, it is actually what had me sold on getting them. I had a pair of SE535s before, and I sold it due to lack of bass and to me I felt the treble sounded quite artificial. SE846 is just buttery smooth, everything sounds just right. 

I'm wondering what eartips most of you guys use? 

I love the Westone Star Tips with my 846.

Any tips by UE, Shure or Westone will fit as they all is the 2.5mm nozzle as will certain Comply foam tips.

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #545 of 22,945
Well what a great surprise to wake up Christmas morning and find my wife had bought me a pair of Shure 846.
I had no idea she would do such a thing and she usually falls asleep when I discuss my passion for all things portable audio.
Any way my question is which Comply tips fit best, I know the TX 400 will be too big but wondered if the TX100 would be suitable.

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #546 of 22,945
You're a lucky fellow cheznous :wink:, welcome to the club of 846 owners :)

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #547 of 22,945
Congratulations.

Comply's website tells you which tip is compatable with Shure IEMs. The 846 uses the same 2.5mm nozzle as all Shure IEMs.

May I also suggest you look at the Westone Star Tips. At $14.99 for the full set of both Star Tips and True Fit (foam) it is a real bargain. http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/true-fit-and-star-silicone-fit-kit.html

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #548 of 22,945
Congratulations.

Comply's website tells you which tip is compatable with Shure IEMs. The 846 uses the same 2.5mm nozzle as all Shure IEMs.

May I also suggest you look at the Westone Star Tips. At $14.99 for the full set of both Star Tips and True Fit (foam) it is a real bargain. http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/true-fit-and-star-silicone-fit-kit.html

The Westone star tips are available on Amazon in 10 packs of a single size...no need to be sizes you won't use.  I used the medium Shure silicon and found the red Westone silicons to be a good fit.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #549 of 22,945
The Westone star tips are available on Amazon in 10 packs of a single size...no need to be sizes you won't use.  I used the medium Shure silicon and found the red Westone silicons to be a good fit.

I agree IF you know what size fits you best. I would suggest the full assortment for someone who is unsure of what tip and what material (silicone vs. foam) they prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back