Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #14,416 of 22,945
Just got my medium sized spin fits today, sound is wow... Can't believe I've been listening to my se846 with thr olives and comply this spin fit are a clear sound quality improvement, I Mean the highs on the se846 are at least as good as the Angie's now.... Just wow. Ordering thr large to see if it offers anything better as far as fit. Isolation is poor... Not horrible... But not good either (it is silicone after all) for ultimate sound spin fit. For loud environment any olives or comply foams...

Wow... Thank you guys for recommending these, totally enjoying my rig better than before.

I can't get over the wow! I mean wow!

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #14,418 of 22,945
Much livlier. I personally found the Oppo PM3 sucked excitement out of the music, although had nice detail. 846 has more get up and go, as well as filters to taylor the sound as you like.

I am surprised you say that. I found the pm3 really fun and great for techno. I am also considering 846 which I would use outside and pm3 inside

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #14,420 of 22,945
Just got my medium sized spin fits today, sound is wow... Can't believe I've been listening to my se846 with thr olives and comply this spin fit are a clear sound quality improvement, I Mean the highs on the se846 are at least as good as the Angie's now.... Just wow. Ordering thr large to see if it offers anything better as far as fit. Isolation is poor... Not horrible... But not good either (it is silicone after all) for ultimate sound spin fit. For loud environment any olives or comply foams...

Wow... Thank you guys for recommending these, totally enjoying my rig better than before.

I can't get over the wow! I mean wow!

That's the first time I've read that you've heard "wow". Not only that but you've typed five "wow's". Glad you're moving in the right direction.

:beerchug:

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #14,422 of 22,945
How are spin fits in comparison to the westone star tips?

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #14,425 of 22,945
How are spin fits in comparison to the westone star tips?

Every tip is going to be different for every person so it's very hard to generalize. I know a few people who just don't get a good fit with the SpinFits and hate them. To compare one tip to the other between individuals is a moot point because it's all about the fit. The best you can do is try out different tips and see what works for you. That's precisely why you see people with drawers full of different tips. That said, if you want a deep insertion and clarity the SpinFit generally is good for that.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #14,426 of 22,945
It's hard to believe that a simple tip swap can make such a difference. The Spinfits were definitely worth the wait.

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #14,430 of 22,945
Hello,
I am the happy owner of :
Shure 846 ( with black filters) and shure olives + Ted allen ref. silver l cable with balanced connection option (waiting to get the new balanced amp module from Fiio) + Fiio X7.
Sorry to ask (maybe again):
What can I do to improve even more the sound with this setup?
On top to get the new balanced amp module from Fiio to use with my current ref. silver balanced cable.
I have just read to use Spinfit tips. Are there so good compared to my current Shure Olives?
Do I need really to get some DAC/AMP like the mojo/ chord with the X7 ?  its the sonic improvements so clear? Any other option?
What is the blue filter mod?  the way to do it?
Any recommendation to improve the sound of this setup will be welcome.
Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back