Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #10,202 of 22,960
Mar 21, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #10,203 of 22,960
This makes total sense. Maybe I got too much IEM for my player. I uses use AFLAC files on my iPhone 6. But, I have read and heard from others with this combination that they sound amazing. So, I will give it some more time with them. Thanks for this detailed explanation.

iPhone 6 isn't a bad source. But if you're in this hobby for a while possibly check out iBasso DX50 or DX90, Shozy Alien, see if you notice any improvements. The DX50 won't break the bank and should let you know what's going on. If it doesn't work out - you do whats best, nothing worse than sticking with something you're underwhelmed with.

Before I go, I'm curious which Sennhesier IEM you're talking about?  

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #10,204 of 22,960
This makes total sense. Maybe I got too much IEM for my player. I uses use AFLAC files on my iPhone 6. But, I have read and heard from others with this combination that they sound amazing. So, I will give it some more time with them. Thanks for this detailed explanation.

iPhone 6 isn't a bad source. But if you're in this hobby for a while possibly check out iBasso DX50 or DX90, Shozy Alien, see if you notice any improvements. The DX50 won't break the bank and should let you know what's going on. If it doesn't work out - you do whats best, nothing worse than sticking with something you're underwhelmed with.

A little derail - I took what you said about the Alien and bought one.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #10,205 of 22,960

This is good advice. Maybe, I will get the DX50. Thanks for the info.

I'm comparing them to my also new, Sennheiser IEM Momentum's. They also got great reviews here on Head-Fi. They are amazing for the price. IMO

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #10,206 of 22,960
I'm not sure i would recommend se846 with dx90.I find se846 has great synergy  and musicality with sony players,the new a15 would be a good choice without breaking the bank or fiiox3,x5.I wasn't too impressed with the pairing with dx90 imo.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #10,207 of 22,960

I'm comparing them to my also new, Sennheiser IEM Momentum's. They also got great reviews here on Head-Fi. They are amazing for the price. IMO

Momentums? Once you scale the Shures up properly, you'll notice the difference.
I can scale my Noble 4 up to max, where it doesn't seem like it's in my ear anymore. The setup is overkill (source, preamp, massive denon AV receiver) and I can only listen for 10-20 minutes then it gets really sibilant.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #10,208 of 22,960
I'm not sure i would recommend se846 with dx90.I find se846 has great synergy  and musicality with sony players,the new a15 would be a good choice without breaking the bank or fiiox3,x5.I wasn't too impressed with the pairing with dx90 imo.

You're right - DX90 has dual sabre DACs. Something warmer like the X5 or DX50 would work good.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #10,210 of 22,960
I loved the synergy with my Fiio X3, sounded very very good. I often paired them with my X3 over my 240.

Whoa.. Some people would flame you for that bro, but I get why. The AK240 is WAY too detailed at times.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #10,211 of 22,960
I'm honest. I bought the AK, not hearing any difference between it and the AK120II and minor difference between the ak100ii (which I believe was power related) because I wanted the "best". I have no need to lie and justify my purchases to anyone. I love my AK because it is the "best". I love my X3 because it is the most fun dap I've ever heard. That bass slam with bass turned up.... Ooooooh Yea!!! Haters can hate and flame, but that's the truth. I enjoy my X3 immensely.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #10,212 of 22,960

Thanks for the info! Goodluck with it! 

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #10,215 of 22,960
No, unfortunately you cannot. I'm considering getting tidal as well, but I'd have to either add an amp to my Note 4 or root. I didn't care much for a stack on my cell tbh. I may root, add V4A, and subscribe to tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back