Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #4,982 of 22,960
I'm sure I could pass an A/B test between the Sony ZX1 and my iPod Touch 5g (both using their standard music apps) because of the different imaging emphasis and soundstaging when paired with the 846. I am equally sure that I would not be able to pass an A/B test between the DX90 and my iPod Touch 5g.

The software on my Note 3 (namely Viper4Android) makes it better (to my ears) than the DX90 (with the standard iBasso software).

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #4,983 of 22,960
LOL I have the DX90 & iPod touch 5 my brother currently using the ZX1 + PHA2, with the new Lurker's fw in the DX90 it's just blew away my ears with the 846~~~

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #4,984 of 22,960
Hey folks,

today I got somehow worried about my 846babys.. I ride with them every day on my bicycle and all Is good. But today I had a look at them and found the inside of the plastic fogged, like glasses. I put them into a bowl full of rice in order to dry them... But how did moisture got into them? Even if I sweat , I 1)dont sweat from my ears and 2) this IEM is isolating like hell, how could sweat penetrate inside my ear?

Should I be worried?

Thanks

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #4,986 of 22,960
Hey folks,

today I got somehow worried about my 846babys.. I ride with them every day on my bicycle and all Is good. But today I had a look at them and found the inside of the plastic fogged, like glasses. I put them into a bowl full of rice in order to dry them... But how did moisture got into them? Even if I sweat , I 1)dont sweat from my ears and 2) this IEM is isolating like hell, how could sweat penetrate inside my ear?

Should I be worried?

Thanks

Well sweating is normal, I'd be worried if you didn't.

And no photo of you sweating is necessary.

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #4,987 of 22,960
Hey folks,

Should I be worried?

Thanks

Was it cold where you were riding?

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #4,988 of 22,960
  Sounds better than a Smartphone?

deadhorse.gif
depending on who you ask in this thread
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #4,990 of 22,960

deadhorse.gif
depending on who you ask in this thread
wink.gif

LOL I think it's more "is the increased in quality worth the expense and the inconvenience of a designated device". For many that's a big fat yes. For others, nah. Depends on the phone, too. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #4,992 of 22,960

lol. i meant the fog

no, hot, like 30 degree celsius

Did you come out of a cold room to the hotter outdoor? Condensation forms when there is a sudden change in temperature?
I use a silica gel packet in the carrying case. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #4,994 of 22,960

LOL I think it's more "is the increased in quality worth the expense and the inconvenience of a designated device". For many that's a big fat yes. For others, nah. Depends on the phone, too. 

Well my opinion is that the X3 is smaller than a phone (more convenient), last 9 hours , cost less than most phones, and sounds better than all phones.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #4,995 of 22,960
  Well my opinion is that the X3 is smaller than a phone (more convenient), last 9 hours , cost less than most phones, and sounds better than all phones.

However, that means carrying two devices rather than one, and not being able to use streaming services. It costs less than most phones, but you aren't getting it INSTEAD of a phone. So you have a phone AND that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back