Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #3,706 of 22,945
Very interesting but so darn glad I pulled them out of the box, stuck them in, and enjoyed. Easy peazy like.

If you are perfectly happy with your earphone tips, then a big two thumbs up for you - and limits the absolute want/need for the Sensaphonics custom sleeves.  I never found a sizes-fit-all tip that was perfect for me (I tried a lot of different types), and wanted the closest thing to perfection regarding fit and isolation.  The custom sleeves do improve the dynamics of the audio, even if a sizes-fit-all tip fits well because the custom sleeves are your own personal mold and as a result, isolation and fit is unrivaled.

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #3,707 of 22,945
Have not even tried the black or white sleeves....

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #3,708 of 22,945
The whites are pretty excellent, the blacks (IMO) aren't good for anything but playing hip hop and similar music at very high volumes. It's sort of an artificial bass boost by filtering down the highs and letting you turn it up louder. For almost every piece of music I listen to, the blues are perfect with the Westone tips.

Has anyone (honest question) seen any literature about the sonic effects of the wax guard? I feel like I can almost hear a veil on the highs with those in there, but the shure Olives fit SOOOOO nicely. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #3,709 of 22,945
It's old hat head-fi question, you can find all the old threads. The thing with comply wax filter is that you can remove wax guard and make them normal comply again :wink:

But Westone star tips better than comply for me now so meh

I do not know about Shure wax guards that you stick over nozzle itself, never used

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #3,710 of 22,945
Jun 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #3,711 of 22,945
It's old hat head-fi question, you can find all the old threads. The thing with comply wax filter is that you can remove wax guard and make them normal comply again
wink.gif

I do not know about Shure wax guards that you stick over nozzle itself, never used

No no, the new Shure Olives come with a little guard filter right on the things. You can't pop 'em out. They're actually part of the plastic sleeve now. 

Comply tips, for some reason, sound horrific to my ears on these. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #3,712 of 22,945
My SCS are on their way via USPS a special APE Proof  USPS Tracking number has now been received...

Stinking illiterate apes will never suspect the SCS is being shipped right under their simian noses.

I assume that postal vehicles and sorting centers in the USA are operated and staffed by trained Apes as is the case in Canada...That experiment went right off the rails when the Apes unionized joining the Canadian Union of Public Service Workers (CUPW)

My Custom Sleeve Adventure has just begun.....

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #3,715 of 22,945
UPS said my 8s would be here today but then they changed it to tomorrow. UHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I need them now. 

Mitchell,

As Monty has so eloquently pointed out, it is a simian (including unenlightened humans) conspiracy to stop the A.I., through the distribution of the 8s, from global dominion.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #3,716 of 22,945
Are the little numbers etched on these things (bottom of the housing, near the nozzle) production numbers? It'd feel freaking cool if I had #104 of these bad boys.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #3,717 of 22,945
It's old hat head-fi question, you can find all the old threads. The thing with comply wax filter is that you can remove wax guard and make them normal comply again :wink:

Do the star tips have wax guards?

Are there any other tips with wax guards besides the 3 already mentioned?

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #3,718 of 22,945
Are the little numbers etched on these things (bottom of the housing, near the nozzle) production numbers? It'd feel freaking cool if I had #104 of these bad boys.

No you wouldn't. Mine, like most of the first batch bought in August of 2013, ended up failing. Now the great customer support at Shure promptly replaced them but the first batch had problems. I do still have the box with the production date of August 9, 2013, "so I got that going for me..,which is nice."

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #3,719 of 22,945
So my father is on a business trip and his flight was delayed... He isnt an Audiophile but I jokingly suggested he stop in a store called Inmotion and ask to try the Shure SE846 if he had some time. 

Well he did and he tried them and described them as the best he has ever heard. Im so proud of him yet so salty because he got to hear them before I did! Ahghgh

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #3,720 of 22,945
Do the star tips have wax guards?

Are there any other tips with wax guards besides the 3 already mentioned?

No.

Not that I am aware of (that fits the Shure SE846 nozzle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back