Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #16,771 of 22,946
After a considerable amount of tip rolling, IMO nothing comes close to the comfort, isolation, and improved sound of the SE846 with Comply P-Series tips (http://www.complyfoam.com/products/p-series/) or Comply Original Canal tips (http://www.complyfoam.com/products/canal-canal-tips/). I've confirmed with Comply that they're the exact same tip, just marketed to different targets.

They have a plastic channel that goes through the entire tip length, so there's none of this rolled off treble monkey business. I've had good experiences with all filters, but I currently use the black ones. I'm not a shill, but if Comply wants to send me free tips I'll be fine with that.

I think everyone here should at least try a set, regardless of their opinions to Comply. These perform significantly better than any other of their tips, and for god's sake I've tried them all.

Vs spinfits on another BA IEM, I felt that there is still some treble rolled off.

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #16,772 of 22,946
Vs spinfits on another BA IEM, I felt that there is still some treble rolled off.
Of the P series? I don't know how that could be.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #16,775 of 22,946

What's shown is a Bluetooth module that is (presumably) called "Sony MUC-M2BT1".

From what I can I see from this link, you're swapping out the SE846's cable with the cable that is dangling from this device's ends, which are MMCX connectors, same as the 846. Looks simple enough if you want to add Bluetooth functionality.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #16,776 of 22,946
Hey guys,
just got my SE846 from eglobalcentral, came without the clear hard-case and with only one year warranty.
the thing is, even after changing to white nozzles/filters, it sounds very dark and congested.
no break in though, but you guys think my unit is faulty?/FAKE?
Thanks

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #16,779 of 22,946
Dec 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #16,780 of 22,946
  Hey guys,
just got my SE846 from eglobalcentral, came without the clear hard-case and with only one year warranty.
the thing is, even after changing to white nozzles/filters, it sounds very dark and congested.
Thanks

Most Shure IEM are dark and congested, it's part of their character.

Your brain will adapt. Mine never did, that said. 
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #16,783 of 22,946
weston star tips work well for me

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #16,784 of 22,946

What's your preference then? Westone? wich one? care to describe more?

I don't believe I'm hugely biased toward a brand or another. I have a slight preference for Etymotic type of sound, but I can cope with many other signatures, from the warm Westone UM Pro 30 to the bassy IE80. However I used to own the SE420, 425, 535, I also got my hands on the SE846 for a few days, but I never got used to the Shure house sound no matter how hard I tried. There's something in the overall tonality that puts me off. Not saying that Shure is bad by any mean, just not my thing. 

About eglobalcenter.com, I've always been skeptical about their website. It looks like one of a huge discount megastore. I also doubt they're official Shure retailers. Not to say that their SE846 aren't genuine, since it's very unlikely, but I would be cautious doing business with them.

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #16,785 of 22,946
Hey guys,
Thanks
What was the output impedance of what you're listening to? Should be under 0.5 ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back