Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #16,714 of 22,946
I did not. How much of a difference after the removal of the foams from the blue filters?

It's difficult to go backwards from the Whites to the modded Blues and still be happy with the highs. It's a curse. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #16,716 of 22,946
I found the bass reverby

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #16,717 of 22,946
He can try both and depending his gear can decide which he prefers,white has its charm depending the pairing.For example i found it too bright and edgy with Cayin N6 although clarity was top notch,better with the warmer/musical mojo.

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #16,718 of 22,946
Μοre clarity,treble extension and cleaner bass than unmodded and still musical unlike white which is more bright,extends further in the highs but not as musical and the bass is diminished.

It's difficult to go backwards from the Whites to the modded Blues and still be happy with the highs. It's a curse. 

Thanks all. I will give it a go.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #16,720 of 22,946
Nov 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #16,721 of 22,946
What filters are head-fi members using with the SE846 / Chord Mojo Combo?

Modded Blue filter without foam

VS

Modded White filter with foam

Current Setup

Stock Cable / Westone STAR / Modded White / Chord Mojo / Tidal / Galaxy S7

Who's the ultimate sounding champion?

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #16,722 of 22,946

Currenty using half-modded blues (top piece of foam only removed) with Ted's braided occ silver Litz cable T2 into Mojo (also SpinFits, tried almost everything else and keep going back to these). End-gamey for awhile. However, currently breaking in Nighthawks as a full-size option with Mojo and thinking of going back to un-modded blues 
wink_face.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #16,723 of 22,946

Listening to the modded blues, you are right. Sound is slightly veiled when compared to white filters, but less ear piercing.
Bass wise for modded Blues do sound slightly better than unmodded blues. Probably will stay on modded Blues for a while.
Perfection is notoriously had to attain, hence imperfection.
But its these imperfections that add flavors to our lives that makes it perfect.
Sorry for ranting

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #16,724 of 22,946
Listening to the modded blues, you are right. Sound is slightly veiled when compared to white filters, but less ear piercing.
Bass wise for modded Blues do sound slightly better than unmodded blues. Probably will stay on modded Blues for a while.
Perfection is notoriously had to attain, hence imperfection.
But its these imperfections that add flavors to our lives that makes it perfect.
Sorry for ranting

Try white with one foam in the middle of the tube. My favorite.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #16,725 of 22,946
Try white with one foam in the middle of the tube. My favorite.

Hmm...I think i have punctured the white filter that is located at the bigger end of blue filter. I checked and found one piece of foam remaining in each blue tube and couldn't removed it by dragging it out. So used a needle to push the foam out from the bigger end.
Well, i guess now my blue filters now sound like white ones.
White ones with 1 piece of foam in the middle of the tub sounds veiled. I used the foam from the blue filters.
Guess I just damaged my blue filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back