Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 1, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #15,137 of 22,960
Maybe just around 40-50% for the Volume, not too loud actually. But i don't know why i feeling headache after 2-3 hours of usage. I just don't want to damage my health because of this. Does anybody know what the reason behind this headache??

May 1, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #15,138 of 22,960
  Maybe just around 40-50% for the Volume, not too loud actually. But i don't know why i feeling headache after 2-3 hours of usage. I just don't want to damage my health because of this. Does anybody know what the reason behind this headache??

I said it before that i get headache too and nothing i can do about it tomorrow i will send them back :/ mby its fit problem mby its sound signature, i actually stopped enjoying music since i bought se 846 and its very sad because mostly i listen to my playlists for hours about 8-9 hours a day and now i just do not want to hear anything...

May 1, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #15,140 of 22,960
  @PerfectCircle
have you tried the Star tips? did it make any change? or do you still feeling headache after changing the tips?

i have tried star tips and its the best tips compared to all the stock ones but still i get headache and my ears start hurting after few hours of listening, but a big plus to star tips for comfort they are great. mby 846 just doesnt fit my ears or smthng

May 1, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #15,141 of 22,960
Just speculating a bit here, but universal IEM's may not be for everyone.  It took me a long time to get used to them, fooling around with tips, and they still aren't the most comfortable thing in the world.  I greatly prefer headphones.  When I finally settled on the tapered foam tips, the comfort level was better although still not perfect.

I think that's why so many folks get custom molded inserts (is that the right word?) made for their IEM's.  Custom inserts will certainly fit better and be more comfortable.  Just my thoughts.

Best -
RCB

May 1, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #15,142 of 22,960
  i have tried star tips and its the best tips compared to all the stock ones but still i get headache and my ears start hurting after few hours of listening, but a big plus to star tips for comfort they are great. mby 846 just doesnt fit my ears or smthng

I can only use the smallest silicon tips with the 846. I use the W60 all the time,with no problems. For me,the W60,is just that little bit smaller,giving me a better fit,that i can keep in for hours. Try the W60,if you can.

May 1, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #15,143 of 22,960
  Just speculating a bit here, but universal IEM's may not be for everyone.  It took me a long time to get used to them, fooling around with tips, and they still aren't the most comfortable thing in the world.  I greatly prefer headphones.  When I finally settled on the tapered foam tips, the comfort level was better although still not perfect.

I think that's why so many folks get custom molded inserts (is that the right word?) made for their IEM's.  Custom inserts will certainly fit better and be more comfortable.  Just my thoughts.

Best -
RCB

+1. Settled on the foamy Shure olives with the wax guard removed. Best comfort and amount of treble to my liking. As you said, the fit is not perfect, and I literally have to change the foams every two weeks because they lose their compression properties very quickly. Even the spinfit tips of all sizes let me down. Considering Sensaphonics' custom molds, but it is too much work :p  

May 1, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #15,144 of 22,960

+1. Settled on the foamy Shure olives with the wax guard removed. Best comfort and amount of treble to my liking. As you said, the fit is not perfect, and I literally have to change the foams every two weeks because they lose their compression properties very quickly. Even the spinfit tips of all sizes let me down. Considering Sensaphonics' custom molds, but it is too much work :p  

Yeah, I agree.  Who has time to get the mold made, etc.  I also tried and disliked the Spin Fits, despite all the hype.  I'm still using the foam tips as they seem to give the best sound and reasonable comfort, for me.

May 1, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #15,145 of 22,960
The approximately ten minutes out of my day I spent getting impressions created for my Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves made all of the difference for me, as zero sizes-fit-all tips worked for both of my ears, especially since one of them is cauliflowered. Saying who has the time to get a mold made is ridiculously ludicrous, especially when it takes less time to get them done than getting another IEM or sizes-fit-all tips to try out, in my opinion.

For those that are having headaches from their IEMs with the sizes-fit-all tips they are using, and do not want to try getting custom sleeves, then some headphones that are lightweight may be a viable option for listening to audio.

May 1, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #15,146 of 22,960
The approximately ten minutes out of my day I spent getting impressions created for my Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves made all of the difference for me, as zero sizes-fit-all tips worked for both of my ears, especially since one of them is cauliflowered. Saying who has the time to get a mold made is ridiculously ludicrous, especially when it takes less time to get them done than getting another IEM or sizes-fit-all tips to try out, in my opinion.

For those that are having headaches from their IEMs with the sizes-fit-all tips they are using, and do not want to try getting custom sleeves, then some headphones that are lightweight may be a viable option for listening to audio.

I agree with my good friend Moe aka Maurice. Sensaphonics custom sleeves are remarkable. Greater bass and treble extension and as for comfort, after getting used to them for a week they honestly vanish into your ears. The only think I feel is the cable.

May 1, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #15,147 of 22,960
So, what would a change of filter means?
smily_headphones1.gif

I would say changing tips would be like changing their outfits, changing filters is like putting on make up 
beerchug.gif

May 2, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #15,149 of 22,960
From reading people trying out westone tips on the 846, I'm guessing they are compatible with each other?

May 2, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #15,150 of 22,960
  From reading people trying out westone tips on the 846, I'm guessing they are compatible with each other?

The Westone tips are interchangeable with Shure, Westone, and similar "smaller" bore-sized nozzle IEMs.  The SpinFit tip equivalent are the CP800 size.  The CP100 size are for "larger" bore-sized nozzle IEMs such as most every other C/IEM manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back