Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Jul 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,668 of 3,218
 but you should have tried it out and listen for yourself first. Cos to me i never trusted what people's opinion. I would look into their recommended IEMs after which try them for myself before buying. cos at the end of the day our ears are not the same. What may sound good to one may sound terrible to another. So no harm trying first.
I agree about the differences in tastes and opinion but what I liked is that, beside the disagreements about price and value vs. ciem, the people agree that it's an improvement compared the se535 (that I own and loved), that there's not too much bass, not too much highs and lush mids. Like if there's nothing to highlight on this besides clarity. With that you get me... :)

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #1,669 of 3,218
Quote:
 but you should have tried it out and listen for yourself first. Cos to me i never trusted what people's opinion. I would look into their recommended IEMs after which try them for myself before buying. cos at the end of the day our ears are not the same. What may sound good to one may sound terrible to another. So no harm trying first.

With the promotion going on in Singapore, you can't go wrong.

I tried it and i kinda like it.. although there isn't any separation. But it still sounds good.

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,670 of 3,218
For all of us who have preordered the SE846 from Earphonesolutions (EPS), I received an email that the first orders will be shipped out on Wednesday, August 7th. EPS did not receive all that they had ordered from Shure so EPS with ship based upon when you preordered from them. I cannot wait to finally have my hands on the SE846.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #1,673 of 3,218
I preordered about a month ago through earphone solutions. I'm hoping to be on the short list of shipments going out today. They did confirm a batch will go out today.[/quote

Pap I preordered almost 2 months ago and I hope I made the list. All good things come to those who wait.

Wishfully think I guess. Preorders from May are the only ones being shipped today from earphone solutions. They expect another delivery mid august.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #1,675 of 3,218
Same here. Don't know how high I am on the list or exactly how long ago I ordered, but it's been a month or two. However, I didn't get the email about some being shipped out today, so I'm thinking I'm not high enough to get in this batch. I contacted them, but they would not tell me where I was on the list. They said they just start going down the list and shipping 'em as the payments get approved. They said they will come across a few that the credit card won't go through. They try to contact them and give them 24 hours to get it sorted. If it's not by then, they move on down the list. So it's possible some would not go out until tomorrow. I think their answer to me kinda indicates there may be too many people ahead of me to get in on this batch. Hoping I might be pleasantly surprised, though.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,677 of 3,218
Quote:
Wishfully think I guess. Preorders from May are the only ones being shipped today from earphone solutions. They expect another delivery mid august.

Well... I looked back, and I did preorder on May 22nd. However, I've received zero information of any kind concerning a shipment of Shure SE846 about to occur, almost occurred, or will occur in the near future. Little bit of bummer, man. They must have a pretty long list of backorders and/or received quite a bit less stock than they were anticipating as a 1st shipment.

triportsad.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,678 of 3,218
Well... I looked back, and I did preorder on May 22nd. However, I've received zero information of any kind concerning a shipment of Shure SE846 about to occur, almost occurred, or will occur in the near future. Little bit of bummer, man. They must have a pretty long list of backorders and/or received quite a bit less stock than they were anticipating as a 1st shipment.

triportsad.gif

I do not believe anyone spontaneously received an email. In my case, I emailed Earphonesolutions and asked them. They have wonderful customer service and are very responsive.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,679 of 3,218
Is earphone solutions the best place to get the quickest pre-order shipping if I place the order now?

Adarama apparently has a shipment coming in next week. They said they haven't exhausted their allotment yet.... So the salesmen said. If you call, they will ship overnight for free. Can't get that deal online with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back