Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Jan 20, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #2,431 of 3,218

I would then definitely go with the white filter, and about filters and sibilance, for some reasons the blue filter exhibits more of it to my ears than the white.
I also feel that with electronic, but taste may vary, has a bass rendering that is less defined than with the white filter, also you "loose" out on details that make you shiver :)

Outside of electronic, if you listen to tracks that are with vocals, I do use the warm filter and there is no sibilance there.

I listen to almost all genres, my main filter is the white for the amazing clarity and transparency they bring + powerful and articulate and very defined bass, but the warm is the laid back, vocal forward, lush, relaxing one with still very good level of detail. I never use the blue filter but I try it back from time to time as I try new sources and go deeper into burn-in. Still not for me.

I can't take details decently with blue and black filters.I use white filters for all genres.And bass is sweet with white filter.Details,vocals and enstruments more transparent,detailed and natural to me with white  filters.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #2,434 of 3,218
  Does the store provide free auditory for earphones? Finally are there anymore stock of se846?

Don't know what store (in what country) you are referencing and I assume you are talking about auditioning? In my town in the U.S., I think they have an 846 available for audition at the airport (in InMotion Entertainment). Availability doesn't seem to be a problem in the U.S. (I can't speak for other nations).

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,435 of 3,218
There seems to be no shortages of SE846 in the US or Asia. The only place I know you can audition 846s in the US is at Inmotion stores at the airport.

We did it again, Spook.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #2,438 of 3,218

Don't know what store (in what country) you are referencing and I assume you are talking about auditioning? In my town in the U.S., I think they have an 846 available for audition at the airport (in InMotion Entertainment). Availability doesn't seem to be a problem in the U.S. (I can't speak for other nations).

i was talking to a guy who works at layton audio in montreal, he introduced me the place and say if i'm around town, i can try his.

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #2,439 of 3,218
Did anyone compare 846 with Fit Ear To Go 334 ? What are differences ?

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #2,441 of 3,218
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #2,443 of 3,218
  They are different. Some prefer 334. I prefer 846.

I saw your profile and headphone inventory.What do you think about Spiral Ear Se 5 and 846 ? Which is better ? I'm very curious about compare Roxanne with 846.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #2,444 of 3,218
I saw your profile and headphone inventory.What do you think about Spiral Ear Se 5 and 846 ? Which is better ? I'm very curious about compare Roxanne with 846.
I have owned the SE5 for a while so I know it much better. I love the SE5 and it is a very high level technical performer. The 846 is more fun with more punch in the bass, but less detailed I would say (the SE5 are very impressive in that area). The 846 might have a wider stage though. Overall the SE5 might perform better but do not forget it is 1.6 times the price. And at that level, differences in performance are not drastic.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,445 of 3,218
I have owned the SE5 for a while so I know it much better. I love the SE5 and it is a very high level technical performer. The 846 is more fun with more punch in the bass, but less detailed I would say (the SE5 are very impressive in that area). The 846 might have a wider stage though. Overall the SE5 might perform better but do not forget it is 1.6 times the price. And at that level, differences in performance are not drastic.

Yes,it is true.SE 5 is more expensive than 846.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back