Shure SE535 vs Shure SCL5 / E5 / E5c
Jan 13, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #17 of 25
They have a $125 replacement program that I did once. I did it because the right side plastic was cracked. Was quick turnaround - sent mine in. I wouldn't worry about oxidized cables though

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #19 of 25
I still love my E5c.

Straight out of an iPod (with the standard music app) all of the criticism of both the 535 and E5c seem valid to me. However, in other source settings, I think they both can sound better.

To my ears these portable combos sound better together;   846 with Note 3,    535 with Galaxy S2,   and the E5c with the Galaxy S1.  Of the three, the E5c with Galaxy S1 (in my opinion) would most impress people who are not already into earphones and portable audio because of the large size of the sound and (out of head) sound-stage””.

“”Achieved by using the Maven Player (version 2.11.27 with separate bass and treble controls) and Voodoo Sound (with bass maxed out in sub-bass mode).

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #20 of 25
I'm not sure what criticism you're speaking of.  I use mine with an iPod Classic, iPad, IPhone...whatever I can get my hands on!  I use them mostly when I travel or don't want to carry around a full size set of headphones.  I've been very happy with them!

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 25
I've had the Shure E5 since 2004 and i've had trouble with it since day one. I always thought it sounded the way it did, and i was disappointed, so disappointed that i wrote really bad reviews here (see my old posts).

I discovered there was something wrong with them about a month ago when i got the UE900 and they are night and day, they shouldn't be like that. There are almost no highs on them.
I guess there is no way they would cover me on the warranty, right? Just asking, i feel its a stupid question considering its been nine years (hah) but i have had problems with them since day one with proof from old posts:)

Regards
Raptor

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #22 of 25
well what were you using to listen to the e5c? they do have a high impedance for a in ear monitor that being 110ohms.

to put it into perspective without going into too much detail, i have the er5 and er4s and the S are 100 ohms and i use the ibasso pb2 with +10 gain and  im still getting 10oclock to 12oclock for moderate to loud sounds.

if you were listening to the e5c straight out of a dap or ipod that could have been the problem, they wont be driven out of a ipod or anything like that you will need a decent any, maybe not decent but one that can drive 110ohm iems

i jusr recently had the e5c and scl5 not much difference, and they needed a amp to drive them IMO

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #23 of 25
Hey

I have tried it with my HeedCanamp, it's the same. 

I really really doubt the sound should be the way they sound. I recently compared it to a SE215 and the SE215 sounded so much better. Should it be like that? The highs for example extended soooo much better with the SE215

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #24 of 25
  Hey

I have tried it with my HeedCanamp, it's the same. 

I really really doubt the sound should be the way they sound. I recently compared it to a SE215 and the SE215 sounded so much better. Should it be like that?

Eh well thats subjective. the e5c are old techology where as the se215 i would expect the 215 to be tuned better and have a better transducer even though the e5c is a BA 

when i owned the e5c i found the ones i had to sound pretty good. what i got from them is they were more bassy than other shures i have owned which is all of them, and they have good highs, not super extended but they were good....the thnig that suprised me about the e5 is i didnt find them to be very mid focused much like ALL shures are (with the exception of the 846 i havent owned that one yet)

it sounds like you might have had a issue with the e5 from what you say

Users who are viewing this thread

Back