Shure SE535 Special Edition
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #211 of 240
I received these IEMs (SE535ltd-j REDs) a couple of weeks ago.
This is my first experience with armature IEMs and so far I like it. The source is a stock AK100. Despite impedance mismatch or whatever - I like the SQ.Can recomend this combo:)
Especially with Hi-Res files. Sometimes HD files may be gotten with poor mastering or with a very compressed dynamic range. Some recors sound with too much sibilance for me, but not many of them.
A difference between good mastered 24/196 and 16.41 (CD-DA) can be heard.
The only issue now is getting proper tips, still haven't decided what I prefer - foam or silicone ones.
And yes, the stock cable looks and feels cheapy. Will get an Oyaide HPC-SE pretty soon - even if it doesn't change the sound - I like it more aesthatically.

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #212 of 240
I received these IEMs (SE535ltd-j REDs) a couple of weeks ago.
This is my first experience with armature IEMs and so far I like it. The source is a stock AK100. Despite impedance mismatch or whatever - I like the SQ.Can recomend this combo:)
Especially with Hi-Res files. Sometimes HD files may be gotten with poor mastering or with a very compressed dynamic range. Some recors sound with too much sibilance for me, but not many of them.
A difference between good mastered 24/196 and 16.41 (CD-DA) can be heard.
The only issue now is getting proper tips, still haven't decided what I prefer - foam or silicone ones.
And yes, the stock cable looks and feels cheapy. Will get an Oyaide HPC-SE pretty soon - even if it doesn't change the sound - I like it more aesthatically.

I would recommend the new Westone Star tips (FYI the Westone tips for the Shure's). I used the Comply form tips for three months but a week ago got the Star tips and they are much more comfortable and sonically better.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #213 of 240
Quote:
I would recommend the new Westone Star tips (FYI the Westone tips for the Shure's). I used the Comply form tips for three months but a week ago got the Star tips and they are much more comfortable and sonically better.

Thanks for the info!
Are these tips made of silicone or foam?
I will thry to get them sooner or later

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #214 of 240
Thanks for the info!
Are these tips made of silicone or foam?
I will thry to get them sooner or later

Westone sells a form tip (True fit) like the Comply form tips but the one I recommend is the Star tips and they are silicone. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you search this site you will find an excellent thread about the new Westone Star tips.

May 10, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #217 of 240
Supposedly, the difference between stock and ltd is the filter, right? So I changed my filter of stock SE535 to SE535 ltd.
Anyways, here is a tread for modding SE535 if anyone is interested. This mod changes the sound of SE535 more than any cables would do, and is reversible.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/663273/more-sq-improvement-than-cable-dampers#post_9423128

May 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #218 of 240
Quote:
Supposedly, the difference between stock and ltd is the filter, right? So I changed my filter of stock SE535 to SE535 ltd.
Anyways, here is a tread for modding SE535 if anyone is interested. This mod changes the sound of SE535 more than any cables would do, and is reversible.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/663273/more-sq-improvement-than-cable-dampers#post_9423128

I don't think it is the filter. I think the drivers have been tuned differently.

May 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #221 of 240
I don't think it is the filter. I think the drivers have been tuned differently.

Yes tuned differently by using a different filter, it's been proven already

May 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #222 of 240
If anyones interested im selling my few month old 535 LTDs, asia version. Comes with warranty till Jan 2014. Im located in Vancouver so for anyone in Canada its a good way to avoid the import customs/duty

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #225 of 240
Warranty on the Ltd Edition is only in Asia (for the same Ltd Edition version). Shure will only replace faulty units with the Standard Clear or Bronze ones outside of Asia.

Now that Shure sells the 535 with the extended treble in the US and Europe as the SE535 Ltd. the warranty replacement for the SE535-J may be the new Ltd edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back