Shure SE535 Special Edition
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #136 of 240

Quote:
This looks interesting. Its color looks kinda similar to my Candy Red Westone ES5.

Yep ! ES5  is amazing- stunning.  Not comparable with that 535!!! Am a bit hesitant btw ES5 and SE3x!!

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #137 of 240
what is a se3x?

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #139 of 240

Quote:
Is there a replacement cable being sold for LTD version?

Same connectors as the standard SE535 as far as I know, any cable will do.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #142 of 240
I absolutely love my SE535LTD's, and the Red color is awesome. I am however, on my second pair. First one eventually produced a fault. It had a faulty driver for the right ear which gave a distorted/crackling sound in the mids. It also felt like one of the armatures was loose inside. Not good at all! Being in the UK, Shure could only replace them with the non-LTD edition...
I then ordered a pair through AccessoryJack which have been fine except for the left ear cuts out when walking sometimes, I noticed this must be due to the cable when dangling/swinging around. I'm currently looking to replace the cable now. But other than these few issues, i do Love them. :)

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #143 of 240
Quote:
I absolutely love my SE535LTD's, and the Red color is awesome. I am however, on my second pair. First one eventually produced a fault. It had a faulty driver for the right ear which gave a distorted/crackling sound in the mids. It also felt like one of the armatures was loose inside. Not good at all! Being in the UK, Shure could only replace them with the non-LTD edition...
I then ordered a pair through AccessoryJack which have been fine except for the left ear cuts out when walking sometimes, I noticed this must be due to the cable when dangling/swinging around. I'm currently looking to replace the cable now. But other than these few issues, i do Love them. :)

Why don't send it to Shure ASIA?

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #145 of 240
Quote:

I went thru the cable replacement thing thinking that would solve the intermittent sound cut-out problem. Shure even replaced one of the earpieces. It turns out neither was the issue. The issue was (while I was cleaning the cable daily due to sweat), I failed to remove the earpiece and clean inside the connection area itself. Sweat gets in and causes corrosion. A helpful head-fier told me about using a connection cleaner (DeoxIT). About once a month,  I disconnect the earpiece from the cable and shoot some cleaner in there and I haven't had that problem since.

Using a magnifying glass under a light, you can see the corrosive buildup. Without the magnifier I only see gold. The first time I use the cleaner I washed out the inside of the earpiece with the cleaner spray a few times and then filled the little connection opening with a few drops (in each earpiece) and let it sit overnight (balancing the earpieces with a crumpled paper towel.

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #147 of 240
Sonically speaking, these tiny red buds are amazing! Listening to Robert Miles' Dream Land on my 4th gen iPod Nano, set EQ to rock! The bass was tense, it actually vibrates thru my eardrums 
My elbow resting on the table also feel the tiny rumble when the beats hit the tune! It literally became a tiny amplifier or home theater lodged in my ears! I didn't even change cables or did any rig to it! Best buds ever made!

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #148 of 240
Hi guys!
I have just ordered these read beauties.
Do you think SE535ltd would sound better with a portable amp?
The source is iRiver AK100.
And of course, I'll replace the original cable.

Thanks for any responses

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #149 of 240
Quote:
Hi guys!
I have just ordered these read beauties.
Do you think SE535ltd would sound better with a portable amp?
The source is iRiver AK100.
And of course, I'll replace the original cable.

Thanks for any responses

Dude, you just hit the right button! SE535ltd is super deliciously sound cool, not only they fix the roll offs that the original has, the overall soundstage had increased significantly! I think pairing with an ordinary mp3 player sounds pretty good. Pairing up with AK100 would sound even more fantastic! I'm so super jealous right now! Dude I would not recommend replacing the cable as it will no longer have the Shure signature sound! Also it doesn't need no amps to push the sound! So you already own AK100? How much did you pay for it?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #150 of 240
Quote:
Dude, you just hit the right button! SE535ltd is super deliciously sound cool, not only they fix the roll offs that the original has, the overall soundstage had increased significantly! I think pairing with an ordinary mp3 player sounds pretty good. Pairing up with AK100 would sound even more fantastic! I'm so super jealous right now! Dude I would not recommend replacing the cable as it will no longer have the Shure signature sound! Also it doesn't need no amps to push the sound! So you already own AK100? How much did you pay for it?

I would agree in part and disagree in part. I had a E11 then tried a JDS O2 amp with my SE 535 Special Editions and found that I did not need an amp at all. As for custom cables, I would have to disagree. I purchased the Silverray cables from Headphonelounge and they did nothing but inhance the already great sound by bringing greater clearity and overall tightness to the entire sonic signature without in any way taking away the great Shure sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back