Shure SE535 or Westone 3 for best isolation?
Aug 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 36
Etymotic: Obviously the best at isolation... Couldn't find anything by Westone, but I would assume that Etymotic earphones, as the company will tell you, block more noise than any comparable product... keep in mind they have testing done by an accredited 3rd party Lab. Hope this clears things up.

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 36
Just FYI, the Sure Olive tips fit the WestOne 3.  So if you already have the Westone 3, get the Sure Olives . . .

I have not compared my Westone 3 with the Sure Olives to any other headphone, but I can say that the sound isolation is great!  I listen to them twice a day on my Park and Ride bus, and it knocks out almost all the sound!

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #20 of 36

Quote:
I thought shure had up to 36db while etymotic had up to 42db of noise isolation?

I owned both and found that the Shures isolated better with my ears. For IEMs, I think its a very personal thing as we're all different.

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #22 of 36

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I thought shure had up to 36db while etymotic had up to 42db of noise isolation?

I owned both and found that the Shures isolated better with my ears. For IEMs, I think its a very personal thing as we're all different.

I think it has something to do with our ear shape

Exactly.
smile.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #23 of 36
It does have to do with our earshape, but not for foams since they adjust in the ears. when I had my Weston 3's the isolation was finominal. So if you are choosing one you should be fine as both are expensive IEM's and trust me both will cancel noise fine, as for sound that's a completely different question xD.

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #24 of 36

Quote:
It does have to do with our earshape, but not for foams since they adjust in the ears. when I had my Weston 3's the isolation was finominal. So if you are choosing one you should be fine as both are expensive IEM's and trust me both will cancel noise fine, as for sound that's a completely different question xD.

Yeah since the foamies fill up your inner ears they provide significant isolation at least for me..I find silicon tips kind of uncomfortable after an hour or two of listening 

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #25 of 36
I think se535s have better isolation, but w3s are more comfortable to wear. However, it depends on what tips u use.

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #28 of 36
I'm a programmer and I wear my 535's at work everyday. There's a huge construction going on outside, just started today. Put on these bad boys and it disappeared.

Sound quality is best I've ever heard. Although I'm not too deep into headphones.

The comfort is also excellent, I feel uncomfortable with them off now.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #29 of 36
I have the SE530s and W3s.  I use the Shure olives with the Shures and the long Comply tips with the W3.  Both isolate very well.  However, the W3 gives superior microphonic performance to the SE530s.  Since I use the IEMs while exercising, the microphonics are equally important to me as isolation.  Since the cable has changed on the newer SE535s, the microphonics will likely have changed as well.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #30 of 36

Quote:
 Since the cable has changed on the newer SE535s, the microphonics will likely have changed as well.

Very much so. Both are now on par with regards to microphonics. Isolation wise, nothing beats the SE530/535s for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back