Shure SE535 for $370 @ 6AVE DOT COM!
May 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

franklyshankly

100+ Head-Fier
Enter this into coupon window: AFLHEAD30
I just picked up a pair!

here is the link:

http://6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=SHUSE535V

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

May 5, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 8
There is a whole wide world outside U.S. sorry to troll but its better if you tell us that its only for u.s citizens.

Nevertheless, this shop doesn't offer international shipping so dont bother citizens of the world.
cool.gif

May 5, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
6AVE DOT COM is  a reseller website. I dont think its a good price for refurbished ear buds!

Cheers

6th Ave is a legitimate store, I'm not sure what you're talking about. They have an actual B&M store in my hometown... I'm pretty sure these are new too on the website, nowhere does it say refurbished. Please check your facts before posting.

May 5, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 8
There is a whole wide world outside U.S. sorry to troll but its better if you tell us that its only for u.s citizens.

not a troll at all! great point, just slipped my mind!

6AVE DOT COM is  a reseller website. I dont think its a good price for refurbished ear buds!

I just looked up the website and they have quite a mixed reputation! I should have looked it up before ordering. I saw someone on head fi posted the coupon code, so I checked it out and bought immediately because that is a crazy good, but not totally unrealistic, price. So you're wrong about it not being a good price (they usually sell USED for ~$400), but even worse than that I may have trouble even getting the product! I guess I'll post an update regarding my experience with them. They do have an option for buying via amazon, so I did that, which will hopefully give me some more leverage if they end up being shady.

May 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 8
Come on, its in dollars, and you should know better.  If its a deal, its in the US.
biggrin.gif
  Does it have to be that explicit?

Quote:

Nevertheless, this shop doesn't offer international shipping so dont bother citizens of the world.
cool.gif

May 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Me either. Except mine arrived and they were brand new, sealed, with all accessories. So What are you talking about?

Quote:

Cheers

I dunno where the "mixed" reputation comes from. Reseller Ratings website has generally positive ratings. 

FYI I ordered mine Sunday, with the free shipping option. Shipped out by Monday noon and received them Wednesday. I don't understand where this irrational fear of not receiving the product comes from. Do you worry about amazon items not arriving as well?

Quote:
not a troll at all! great point, just slipped my mind!

I just looked up the website and they have quite a mixed reputation! I should have looked it up before ordering. I saw someone on head fi posted the coupon code, so I checked it out and bought immediately because that is a crazy good, but not totally unrealistic, price. So you're wrong about it not being a good price (they usually sell USED for ~$400), but even worse than that I may have trouble even getting the product! I guess I'll post an update regarding my experience with them. They do have an option for buying via amazon, so I did that, which will hopefully give me some more leverage if they end up being shady.

May 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 8
http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-dealers/sixth-avenue-electronics-city-in-springfield-nj-1004938

They have an A+ rating from the BBB, so I guess any fears I may have had were totally irrational! In addition, they shipped the item about 4 hours after I ordered it, which is a record as far as I'm concerned!

Quote: Me either. Except mine arrived and they were brand new, sealed, with all accessories. So What are you talking about

Yggdrassilious - did you buy the 535's? If so, how do you like em? I'm so excited that they offered such an amazing deal, I didn't think I'd be able to afford phones in this league. I am sending back my W3's because I felt the mids were too soft and high, not clear enough. Do you feel like the 535's are fairly clear in the mids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back