Shure SE530 vs Klipsch Custom 3
Aug 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #16 of 63
Quote:

maybe there is problem just with those Shure's Spanish got?

MAy be. But i don't think so. Becouse i used 3 model in same time and before it another two models. SCL3,5 SE310,420,530. These models have a specific but "picture of sound" is same...

Quote:

if i compare them with my etymotics, then they are quite musical, as etymotics are most neutral IEM-s i've heard. for my ear the Shure's are powerful,

Yes - i'm agree with you. After Et4s (i heard) Shure realy look more powerfuul, more cmplyt... but it's .. how it's explaing?...
Will tell wuth simple words
smily_headphones1.gif

Etymotic have 1 driver. Sound is more steady. W/o bass (IMHO) and with some rised hi-freq. But moró balanced. And becouse people can see "volume" Sound not filled. But very clear.
Shure have 3 driver. One driver rising bass. Another driver rising hi-freq. And this 1st and 3d driver is very badly "connected" to 2d driver. They are different. And how i think (it look like for me). 2d and 3d drivers fork together somtime. And becouse guitar, violin or triangle atstart (attack) has a verry loud sound. Shure give you MORE sound than Etymotic. But Shure don't give you musik... IMHO of course. For understanding - try to hear Jays or better - Sleek. For first you will not be pleasant. Becouse after Shure there is not will be enough hi-freq. But in few minute you will understanding - middle and hi-bass filed all volume around you. And hi-freq will be enough. Only they are not will be so loud.
I explain clear
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #18 of 63
eee....Spansih, i must say, that your explanation is a bit too subjective. off course so is our perception of music. so there is no point in arguing, but i still take Shure SE530's as fantastic IEM-s. no hard feelings. and as i understand, there's no point in going for Klipsch Custom 3-s...?

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 63
Quote:

is a bit too subjective

May be
smily_headphones1.gif
All what we can say about musik - subjective. I just try to show people some specifik of Shure sound. People must see what it's will be better if they came to shop and test. Or there can be big disappointment. Becouse people can like Shure sound or don't like... But not much people say about objective specifik of Shure and this is strange. For example - no one from my freands like Shure. But some of them is doctour of scines (axactly in acoustic) and some people from musik industri say not good things about Shure. It's real people. But on forum people write only good things. And what interesting - i can't find some exact. Nobody can say why Shure good. Every body just say - they are good. And this fact is some surprise me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 63
..Seriously. We get it. You don't like the SE530.
We are here to talk about the SE530 VS Klipsch Custom 3, not to hijack the thread and moan about the SE530 harshness.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #21 of 63
So what? And i say in theme. Shure VS Klipsh. I dont know how play Klipsh but i can say how play Shure - so people can see not only Oh Oh oh about Shure. Becouse such oh oh oh there is a lot. And nobody say nothing exact about sound. Only emotions.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #22 of 63
There's plenty of in-depth reviews of the Shures, and lots of description of the sound. I know this because I've spent the better part of the last 2 months reading through many of them when I wasn't studying for the bar exam. Of course there will be some subjective language in there; it's inevitable and necessary given the nature of the language and sound perception, but there's enough hard information to form a decent expectation about what the 530s will sound like. Thus, a search will yield some good information and your public service announcements are probably quite unnecessary.

I have to say, either you have some bad shures or your ears are very different from the norm. In either case, your continuous description of the shure sound as peaky etc is going to be detrimental to any search for useful information about the shures.

SO, either stop because you've made your point, or keep your discussion along the lines of trying to determine what's "wrong" with your setup.

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 63
I bag pardon
smily_headphones1.gif
Did you hear yourselves 530 and SCL5?
I'll stop my question in one moment if you tel me what you hear 530 and SCL5 on i Pod and never hear peak i speak about?
I can explaing why i so "aggressive". Becouse at forums and in magazines i se only great dithyramb to Shure sounds. But in real life i see only one man who say what Shure "not bad". And his use Sony discman which have a awfull sound w/o any datail. And on that discman Shure was not bad. Peak was not so awfull. And now my brain can't campare this information. Difirambs at forums and totaly fall in real life. And for me now this difirambs look like just PR. I'm realist. I belivein my ear and in my freands. I wan't to solve this puzzle and understanding - there i wrong (if i wrong). Can you help me?

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #24 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't hear KC3 but few day ago test Shure 420 530 SCL3 with Jays and Sleek SA6. And i can say (based not only on my opinion) - Shure is worse balanced IEM in the world! Try q-Jays or better SleekSA6. And try Shure. You will se the DIFFERENCE! Shure don't have a MUSIK! Just blend of sounds and no more. IMHO. Shure changes musik and strike in head with hifreq ...strike. My advice - try it befor buying or you can be very disappointed.

lol1.gif
It is a rare day on Head-Fi when anyone accuses SE530s for having extreme highs!

Well, everyone's got an opinion, right?
smile0094tm.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bag pardon
smily_headphones1.gif
Did you hear yourselves 530 and SCL5?
I'll stop my question in one moment if you tel me what you hear 530 and SCL5 on i Pod and never hear peak i speak about?
I can explaing why i so "aggressive". Becouse at forums and in magazines i se only great dithyramb to Shure sounds. But in real life i see only one man who say what Shure "not bad". And his use Sony discman which have a awfull sound w/o any datail. And on that discman Shure was not bad. Peak was not so awfull. And now my brain can't campare this information. Difirambs at forums and totaly fall in real life. And for me now this difirambs look like just PR. I'm realist. I belivein my ear and in my freands. I wan't to solve this puzzle and understanding - there i wrong (if i wrong). Can you help me?

I have heard the 530s although I don't own them. I do own the SE-310s and have many, many hours experience with them. Neither shure IEM has anything approaching strident highs in my experience. The vast majority of people here have experiences in line with mine.

Some love the shures and some dislike them but the extent to which people perceive the sound differently is along a certain range (eg, slightly rolled-off top end and a smooth sound) On the other hand, what you describe is so far outside of that range as to suggest that there is something else at play in your particular case. You state that your friends have similar experiences, but that's meaningless given that they're using your earphones to test.

To accuse Shure of being totally crap sound quality wise and all hype is pretty offensive. Even people that don't care for the Shure sound signature would probably feel that such a statement is way, way out of line.

I'm not a Shure apologist and I'm not a fanboi. But they are a good, honest, company. Something is wrong on your end.

Edit: to answer your question more succinctly; no, I don't hear any such peak on the 310s and I certainly didn't on the 530s I've listened to.

Edit #2: also, if you're just trolling, your M.O. is actually kind of hilarious, so good job.

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #26 of 63
Spanish, can I suggest the ipod-shure headphone synergy to be your problem? I have no experience first hand with this but I have a read a few comments in my time at head-fi that the shures and an ipod are not a good combo and can produce ghastly sounds and peaks and distortion like what I think you describe. Try a different source and see what happens.

Aug 6, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #27 of 63
Quote:

BloodSugar00

I tested it not one. 3 man in same time listening Shure. One of device was iPod, another Cowon x5 (?) with rockbox and another one Cowon. With same result.
But you make me ponder about sourse. I'll try to find some another sourse and use it. Becouse usualy i use only iPod.
Ok! Thanks!

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find SE530 + Ipod on Electronica EQ setting to be spectacular portable audio.

Cool! As I said I have no hands-on experience myself, as I don't have and have never owned an ipod (though I've listened to them on several ocassions), only that I've read that ppl find the se530's and ipod to have bad synergy. Also, as I'm sure you're aware, many pan the EQ facilities on the ipod so you using them comes as a little bit of a surprise. Each to their own though, hey! You never know how you'll find something personally til you try it
smile_phones.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #30 of 63
ok, now i know how good/bad SE 530 is. but still no answer to my main question - if i already got SE530 so is it reasonable to buy Klipsch Custom 3? are they different enough and what kind of difference it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back