Shure SE530 vs Klipsch Custom 3
Jan 19, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, my (basic) understanding marries to yours there toughnut. Impedance is basically resistance so increased impedance in a circuit would mean you need greater power to drive the current around it (effectively), right? I thought sensitivity was to do with how clear and meticulous the sound form the sound channel is detected and reproduced ie a DAP's/laptop's hp out may produce hiss/distortion (may be the secondary problem/weakness here, the primary being the inner components or circuitory etc of the source actually producing the hiss/distortion) and the more sensitive a hp is the more this is fed back to your ears. I know theres a relationship between the two though also, a connection. I think it's that the higher the impedance of a set of phones, the harder the source's amp has to work to drive them, for the reason I've already detailed. This means in DAP's, for example, the quality of the amp means that, as its worked harder, it produces more dstortion/hiss ie as the impedance of a set of phones increases. Then, the more sensitive the phones are, the more they will detect and relay this hiss/distortion.

However, I know a resistor adaptor/attenuator is meant to reduce hiss so I know I've got something amiss here; my memory on this is a bit foggy!

High impedence is easier to drive but tends to be less effecient. It's sort of current vs effeciency. If you could find a higher impedence phone with a higher impedence that would be easiest. Lower impedence is closer to a short and will pull more current for equal effeciency killing the battery faster. Of course, higher effeciency is the way to compensate and it's a balancing act.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #62 of 63
I'd "Shure" like to see a little more about the SE530 vs Klipsch Custom 3...

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #63 of 63
Both are good phones, Shures more forward in the mids, the Klipsch more flat throughout.

I recommend the Shure tri-flanges for both phones, especially the Klipsch Customs, which can be a challenge to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back