**Shure SE425 Review**
Dec 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #62 of 84
SE425's have great mids and highs and clarity.  Not heavy on the bass though.  The dual drivers make it easier to identify different instruments in music, way clearer than my old single driver Shure E4's.  I've had them for years, even with audiologist molded inserts.  However, the black foams are my favorite for ease and good seal.  As a guitarist/singer, when I perform with IEM's, the SE425's are what I normally use.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #63 of 84
Hi guys, hope I am not going off topic, but I need some help re my se425's....left them on on my desk and my son stepped on them when they fell off said desk, the nozzle snapped so the are now sadly inoperable. Would seriously appreciate if anyone can help me in sourcing a replacement ear piece. It's the right one ie red dot. Thank you in advance.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #64 of 84
I hope this doesn't come off as trolling, though it probably will anyway - - -

But I bought a new pair of these to use with my Questyle QP1R until the oBravos wear available and all I can say is that if anyone wants them (after I listened to them 1 time) for half-price, send me a message.

I thought Grado headphones were the shrillest things going until I heard the SE425. This is, in my opinion, the worst piece of audio equipment I have ever owned, bar none!

For anyone who enjoys them, great, I'm glad. We all have different tastes and that's what makes the world go round. I just with I had my money back for these.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #65 of 84
@voxie

Have you considered calling Shure for a replacement?

In Ireland/UK visit: http://www.shure.co.uk/support_download/service_replacement_parts

In the USA: http://www.shure.com/americas/support/service-repair

You should call them, and tell them what happened. Even if you are out of warranty (or the damage was not covered by warranty) they will try to help you out.

Best if you send in for repair. instead of ordering replacement parts.

When I crushed the left driver/earphone in my doorway a couple of weeks ago, I called them. Sent in the two drivers with cable. Within a week I got back two new drivers and a new cable with new set of tips. And they only charged me for the replacement of the broken driver.

Great service from Shure (US) in Illinois. Hopefully, the same is true for the European/Uk service department.

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #66 of 84
  I hope this doesn't come off as trolling, though it probably will anyway - - -

But I bought a new pair of these to use with my Questyle QP1R until the oBravos wear available and all I can say is that if anyone wants them (after I listened to them 1 time) for half-price, send me a message.

I thought Grado headphones were the shrillest things going until I heard the SE425. This is, in my opinion, the worst piece of audio equipment I have ever owned, bar none!

For anyone who enjoys them, great, I'm glad. We all have different tastes and that's what makes the world go round. I just with I had my money back for these.

Something wrong with your set mate - they have rolled lows and highs.  I owned them for years. Not shrill in the slightest.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #67 of 84
I agree, not shrill at all, possibly a bad set or a bad seal, that would cause them to sound shrill maybe.

Replacement casings can sometimes be found on lunashops, if not, have you considered having them reshelled and made in to custom monitors?

Cosmic ears offer this, as do many other companies (InEarz etc...)

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #68 of 84
Hi Jose R, really appreciate your reply. Will follow your advice. Would have never thought about getting them repaired. A replacement costs £120.00 so would not make economic sence. Or just detect it from my sons allowance:bow:. Thanks again.

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #69 of 84
Just picked up my pair of these from Guitar Center. Loving what I'm hearing so far, but the bass can be a tad underwhelming at times; I generally have the bass boost on my E12A on when using these. Overall though, they sound great and isolate just as well.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #70 of 84
I've seen (not here) that some now consider the SE425 obsolete.  What would be some more contemporary alternatives with a similar sound signature?  Just curious, not necessarily looking to buy.

May 22, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #72 of 84
I have the SE425 for about a month now, here are my perceptions.

Getting to learn how to put them on, and wich tips are best for me took around a week. Forgetting  the wire in the back of my ear took a little more than that. I'm very picky there...now, they feel really comfortable.

They were an immediate upgrade to my around $75 Sony or Senheiser IEM with my Samsung S5 phone. I could ear a lot more details and instruments, but bass was like..far away.

I then bought a Fiio X3 audio reader, and the SE425 then delivered a noticebely better sound. Not something subtile. The bass had impact, was in perfect balance with the highs, wich themself seems more present, more extend. The mids are now  slightly prononced , because of the great details, but not anynore like they were under a microscope with the Sameung S5.

I don't know precisely the reasons fo the difference in soud quality: Better dac, better amping, or better impedance match: but now i'm realy happy with the Shure S425.

May 27, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #74 of 84
  My shure 425 can't handle well some flac or hi res files using my fiio x7. sound a bit slowww!

What do you mean by that? Headphones can't really sound "slow" and the file type only affects the quality of the music, not the headphones themselves.

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #75 of 84
I have replaced my Zero Audio's Carbo tenore with the SE425 and I have mixed feelings.
Basically it delivers a smoother sound apart from the audible bump in the 6-8k's, with a more muled sound,less spacious than the Tenore's. 
In a way it's less natural but more refined. Definitely a sound signature I am not sure to enjoy that much.
In some recordings it matchs perfectly (only listening to acoustic musics).
On very complex messages (let's say Bruckner's 7th) they never get messy which happenned with the Tenore's but the timbres almost always sound more accurate with the Tenore's.
The real plus is the no fatigue element, reinforced by the fact that the Shure's dont like to be pushed too far.
No complaints regarding the base levels just the bump in the low trebles.
Love the fit, they never move from the ear canal and the cable has a proper lengh unlike the 1.20m of most IEM's.
Just ordered Comply's T100 to see if it changes anythinng.
When considering they are 5 times the price of the Tenore's, I am not sure it 's my wisest move.
By the way I insist on saying the Zero Audio's are very very very good IEM's !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back